Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RUGBY! Here we go...!
Quote:Speaking of the 'Red Army' ....the Queensland Reds, once a great team have just finished a disastrous Super 14 season...early on they beat the South African reigning premiers, and the hopes of the Red Army were high, but as the season progressed there was just one disaster after another....two weeks ago I went with a visiting friend from Christchurch (NZ) to see the Reds take on the Canterbury Crusaders ( the most powerful and consistent team in the comp and current leaders.....had 'em beat 'til the last few minutes when the Reds were down to 13 men through silly tackles ( mind you they had been tackling like Demons to protect their lead)!

Cracking game though...thoroughly enjoyable thanks to the new rules, which make for a flowing running game again. Can't think why those Northern Hemisphere idiots won't accept them, apparently preferring a game where the ref blows his whistle every 30 seconds, scrums are set and re-set over and over, and matches are decided by penalty kicks....though the cynic in me uderstands only too well ! :lol: :lol:

Last week, went down to the traditional Rivals, the NSW Waratahs........woe,woe, and thrice woe !
Now we learn that not ony is the coach going, but there is a mass exodus of senior players too.....so there goes next season's hopes too! Time to get out the black armbands... Cry Cry

There is only one RED ARMY for me 8)
"The Kaiser knows the Munsters,
by the Shamrock on their caps,
And the famous Bengal Tiger, ever ready for a scrap,
And all his big battalions, Prussian Guards and grenadiers,
Fear to face the flashing bayonets of the Munster Fusiliers."

Go Bua
Very true Ceannt,not only was he a total gent but he also knew his business!Still nothing lasts forever i suppose Sad except the legend that is munster rugby!!!
Out of sight of subject shores, we kept even our eyes free from the defilement of tyranny. We, the most distant dwellers upon earth, the last of the free, have been shielded till today by our very remoteness and by the obscurity in which it has shrouded our name.
Calgacus The Swordsman, Mons Grapius 84 AD.

Name:Michael Hayes
Quote:Very true Ceannt,not only was he a total gent but he also knew his business!Still nothing lasts forever i suppose Sad except the legend that is munster rugby!!!

Sorry for the very bad spelling by the way :oops: The only good thing to come out of OZ :twisted:

P.S welcome allways good to see more corkmen on R.A.T :wink:

Go Bua
Definetly, it helps to know that someone from home has your back(better than that sly kerry crowd anyway).Just highlights how cultured we are by the lee. Big Grin D .

PS. great win for the munster boys yesterday.it was an epic clash,i was shaking the whole way through!
Out of sight of subject shores, we kept even our eyes free from the defilement of tyranny. We, the most distant dwellers upon earth, the last of the free, have been shielded till today by our very remoteness and by the obscurity in which it has shrouded our name.

It was a great send of for DEC and jim i hope they have luck with the Ireland and the wallabes job (God knows they will need it :wink:

Go Bua
Definetly the irish job will be tough,there were rumours that the big egos in the irish camp werent pleased with the kidney appointment.Could be nothing more than a rumour though.

I hope its just a bit of gossap

Go Bua
For the sake of the country and my sanity id hope so too!!God we cant have the english beating us again :oops: :oops:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  to MUCH Rugby! Hibernicus 10 1,912 05-24-2009, 05:42 PM
Last Post: ParthianBow
  Rugby Ceannt 12 2,082 03-25-2009, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Na Saighdiuir