Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Manning Imperial Aspis
Me wants one!!! Tongue

http://www.manningimperial.com/item.php ... =2&c_id=10

Now, on the interior, how would one cover the possibly unhistorical wood pattern? Oh, and the Spartan Apollo Sun Ray design is the tits.
Michael D. Hafer [aka Mythos Ruler, aka eX | Vesper]
In peace men bury their fathers. In war men bury their sons.
Of course you know leather was the original interior cover. Linen would be another solution and if you get one ready with the porpax and fittings in place,you can just paint it.
Khaire
Giannis K. Hoplite
a.k.a.:Giannis Kadoglou
a.k.a.:Thorax
[Image: -side-1.gif]
They seem to read my posts very carefully.
(Shameless advertisment.) :lol:

They are really nice. Wish I won the lottery ticket!!!!
Kind regards
Stefanos,do you have any image of that clay shield with the sun ray in color? I've only seen it in the magazine but it's black and white. Thanks in advance
Khaire
Giannis
Giannis K. Hoplite
Sorry but all the books that we have so far simply reproduce the 1916 B.A.S photo and we relied on the really detailed description for the reconstruction.

We thought of even suggesting purple or wine red for the artist but we decided to go conservative base on the "hematite red" of the greek pottery.

Kind regards
Damn, those are beautiful... I think I need a trip to Melbourne. :lol:
[Image: parsiaqj0.png]
[size=92:7tw9zbc0]- Bonnie Lawson: proudly Manx.[/size]
Here,Bonnie has another color interpretation of a more orange-brown red than the Hematite red,that i like very much. Did you take your avatar from te Osprey book "The Spartans",Bonnie? I don't have the book but I've seen some of the tablets.
Khaire
Giannis
Giannis K. Hoplite
I made the avatar myself, using the Osprey plate as a basis (it was the only colour picture of the shield I could find at the time). I thought a more earthy red-orange could have been a possibility, but of course I'd like to see the original terracotta in colour before coming to any conclusion.
[Image: parsiaqj0.png]
[size=92:7tw9zbc0]- Bonnie Lawson: proudly Manx.[/size]