Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAT Gift exchange DRAWING 11/10/07
Magnus thanks for the subscription to "Canadian Beaver" :wink:

YOU ROCK!
"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

a.k.a. Paul M.
Today I received Paul Mullins (Primus Paulus) Xmas gift!! [size=200:4gsk5mfv]14 Dorchester style Late Roman brass belt fittings!!!![/size] They are just perfect!!! Thank you! thank you! Thank you!

Awesome civil war postcards!!!
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
The post must be very slow in the UK,

I am still awaiting my gift from Mvsivarivs Sad cry:
Sorry for being late, but two weeks ago I received my "Roman Warfare" by Goldsworthy. My first "modern" book of the roman army.

Thanks Ioannis!!! Big Grin
-This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how
sheep´s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
[Image: escudocopia.jpg]Iagoba Ferreira Benito, member of Cohors Prima Gallica
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.
You're most welcome Iagoba!

Earlier this week, I received a DVD set of "Rome".

MANY THANKS SUSANNE!
Ioannis Georganas, PhD
Secretary and Newsletter Editor
The Society of Ancient Military Historians
http://www.ancientmilitaryhistorians.org/

Quote:
Quote:PS: I love your signature

Well, what Paul said in that quote was one of THE funniest things I've ever read on this forum... needless to say that I miss him tons. Cry

Me too my dear friend, I miss him alot, there will be no one like him.

He gived me the first experience by let me try one of his bronze corinthian helmets, for few days, while I have it at my home.

I treated that helmet like a baby, I polished it for him & put some leather padding inside the mask to prevent shafting & cutting your face...

I know he maked you look good in your avatar, as well me with the helme 8)

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
Sorry Peroni, :?
It's in the workshop at the moment, I hope to have it out to you by this weekend!
Lawrence
Lawrence Payne

Asking me to tile your bathroom is like asking Vermeer to creosote your shed ;-)
[url:2kdj7ztq]http://www.romanmosaicworkshops.co.uk[/url]
www.romanmosaicworkshops.co.uk
www.romanmosaicpatterns.com
I must say I REALLY enjoyed this RAT gift exchange! I recieved nice and surprising gifts from Peroni (thanks, Ade!) Susanna liked my handmade gift as well, so I am more then happy Big Grin . I hope we will be able to repeat this event the next year and will be happy to participate. Thank you all so much for making it a succes!
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
www.erfgoedenzo.nl/Diensten/Creatie Big Grin
Sulla Felix, thanks for the tablet and stylus.....I have been thinking of getting one fora while!

Just the thing to go with the other odds and ends! Big Grin
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
My pleasure Caesar - best wishes for the new year.
Sulla Felix

AKA Barry Coomber

COH I BATAVORVM MCRPF
I recieved a box of goodies this morning from a very damp postman! Many thanks Iagoba! not seen a vessel like that over here- is it a personal oil flask? it is lovely, My son has claimed the note book as the chariot on it is like his playmobil set he recieved for Christmas

[Image: maxischariot.jpg]

Many thanks once again

Kind thoughts
Materfamillias
Deborah Glennie
Member of the Vicus [url:jwqvknmp]http://www.vicus.org.uk/[/url]

[Image: S5000909.jpg]
If everyone wants, we can make this a regular thing. I can keep doing it, or I can share! Do we want to start it earlier in 2008 so more folks get a chance to sign up? Any suggestions or comments that can make it better are welcome!!

Wes
Titvs Calidivs Agricola
Wes Olson

Twas a woman that drove me to drink, and I never thanked her. W.C. Fields
Faventianvs got me my own Roman fort - wow!

Wes I think this was great and you can count me in for Christmas 2008.
Sulla Felix

AKA Barry Coomber

COH I BATAVORVM MCRPF
Like I said before, very pleased and YES, do count me in for the next years event. Would be great if you could host it again, Wes, job well done, many thanks and a laude for your effort!
I will be most glad to make someone something and by that time, I may have gotten Roman smithing down to an art (but don't count on it!) :lol: Perhaps we could give it a more prominent spot on the RAT site, it was only by chance I stubbled upon it. An early start (say october) would be great to get more followers. Due to postal and tax, the division in Europe and States seems to have worked out fine, I will opt for Europe again next year.
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
www.erfgoedenzo.nl/Diensten/Creatie Big Grin
Just wanted to post my gift from Jurjenivs, (well I'll try anyway!)
It's a copy of a Roman spirit level from the mosaic found at Pompeii. Just perfect for me, I've been wanting to get one for the demos for ages now, and then one arrives.
Cheers
Lawrence
Ok I've just ried it and it's too big, i guess I'll just have to read the instructions Cry
Lawrence Payne

Asking me to tile your bathroom is like asking Vermeer to creosote your shed ;-)
[url:2kdj7ztq]http://www.romanmosaicworkshops.co.uk[/url]
www.romanmosaicworkshops.co.uk
www.romanmosaicpatterns.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gift Exchange!!That time of year!! Wes 14 2,950 12-17-2010, 04:28 PM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis
  Christmas Exchange problems Wes 14 2,723 03-16-2009, 11:16 PM
Last Post: Libitina
  RAT Christmas Exchange Wes 68 14,157 02-20-2009, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Libitina