Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Famous helmet from a provocator !
Quote:Tobias,
It helps a lot to read a post carefully before answering. I was referring to the type of helmets with spouts (in German this word means "Tülle") on sides of helmets. I was *NOT* referring to plumes which are on crests of helmets. These were bushy indeed. But your helmet does have things which are supposed to look like the side spouts and not like plumes (Helmbusch) on top of helmets. If you also have a careful look at mosaics and frescoes and reliefs you will surely note that side spouts were decorated with single goose feathers and on top of helmets you find the bushy plumes or horsehair plumes.

If you would follow your own advice, you would have seen that i talkes about both variants.
Have a nice day reading the literatur more carefully Wink
real Name Tobias Gabrys

Flavii <a class="postlink" href="http://www.flavii.de">www.flavii.de
& Hetairoi <a class="postlink" href="http://www.hetairoi.de">www.hetairoi.de
Quote:
Medusa:2j4yvier Wrote:Tobias,
It helps a lot to read a post carefully before answering. I was referring to the type of helmets with spouts (in German this word means "Tülle") on sides of helmets. I was *NOT* referring to plumes which are on crests of helmets. These were bushy indeed. But your helmet does have things which are supposed to look like the side spouts and not like plumes (Helmbusch) on top of helmets. If you also have a careful look at mosaics and frescoes and reliefs you will surely note that side spouts were decorated with single goose feathers and on top of helmets you find the bushy plumes or horsehair plumes.

If you would follow your own advice, you would have seen that i talkes about both variants.
Have a nice day reading the literatur more carefully Wink

My dear Tobias,

I was referring to the feathers on the side only because your helmet is one with the side spouts (or tube as you also could say) and it does not have a crest. So why are you lecturing about the helmets with a crest and their plumes if we are here to discuss a provocator helmet which we both surely know never had a crest.

I indeed was following my own advice and tied to stick in this thread to the topic "provocator helmet" and not going off-topic. Please feel free to open a new thread about helmet plumes in general where you could repeat your above post.

Please be assured that I do read my literature. :twisted:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Provocator helmet Lusitano 12 6,120 06-18-2011, 04:17 PM
Last Post: michiann
  Provocator Helmet muskitear 55 17,187 04-26-2011, 10:40 PM
Last Post: muskitear
  provocator \'bell\' helmet? Pictus 7 3,266 08-31-2006, 01:49 PM
Last Post: michiann