November sound's better to me.
MARCVS VLPIVS NERVA (aka Martin McAree)

www.romanarmy.ie

Legion Ireland - Roman Military Society of Ireland
Legionis XX Valeria Victrix Cohors VIII

[email protected]

[email protected]
Hello,
Can you know tell me, when that conference will take place?
Greetings, Eckhard
Eckhard Deschler-Erb
University of Zurich
According to the poll most people favor the weekend 21.-23.11.08 but I don't wan't to decide it alone to set this date now. What do you think, Jona? Should we go then for that date?
I'd be very disappointed if you picked that date...
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Quote:31. Oct. - 02. Nov.
would be better, IMO. RAT conference without Jasper is stooooopid. Evil. Nasty. Smile
Or a date earlier in the year, like september or earlier in October?
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Quote:
Quote:31. Oct. - 02. Nov.
would be better, IMO. RAT conference without Jasper is stooooopid. Evil. Nasty. Smile
Or a date earlier in the year, like september or earlier in October?

Well I agree.

And as for 31oct-2nov: wouldn't many musea etc be closed that weekend of All Saints' day?

Hans
Flandria me genuit, tenet nunc Roma
Hello,
So it it now the date from 31st October to 2nd of November?
If you want, I could talk to the responsible of the museums to get a guided tour.
Greetings, Eckhard
Eckhard Deschler-Erb
University of Zurich
A tour of the Musea would be great!! I would really like to meet the people working on the Mainz ships, such as mrs. Pferdenhirt, (and see the ships, of course Big Grin )
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
www.erfgoedenzo.nl/Diensten/Creatie Big Grin
Quote:Hello,
So it it now the date from 31st October to 2nd of November?
If you want, I could talk to the responsible of the museums to get a guided tour.
Greetings, Eckhard

Do we really want a guided tour through the museums? I mean, in the previous two conferences we visited the museums without, and that was the best way, I think. Simply because 1) we all know much of the basic knowledge of a 'normal tour', 2) we want pictures of specific objects, 3)want to discuss objects, 4)have different interests, within the museums collection.

But, that wouldn't say it would be great to meet the people behind the exhibition to discuss objects, as Robert states, but also, I liked the way we did it previously.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Quote:wouldn't many musea etc be closed that weekend of All Saints' day?
Rather not. That´s when they have the most visitors, on holidays.
Christian K.

We need to get along a bit on this. I suggest this hotel, which also has confrence rooms available, and it doesn´t seem to be too expensive.

TOP HOTEL
As for the date: Shall we make a new poll or what?

Any lectures?
Christian K.

I think it is important we choose a date shortly. As Svenja and Jona are organising this one (as far as I understand), I think they've to pick a date.

With this much people I think it would be rather impossible to find a date everyone fits bests.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Would it be possible to do an inventory of people requiring a room and get a group rate for the stay?? I for one would require a room for the duration Big Grin Lets fix the date and get the programme and lodgings sorted.
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
I would propose the date 21-23 November since 10 people voted for that. But I guess Jona should say something too about that date.

I just have another suggestion for the stay, Bad Homburg. That is close to the Saalburg and has a train connection to Frankfurt and Mainz. But I guess where to stay depends on what we want to see etc. I recall that Jona said something that he knows people in Mainz, that he want's to organize something like a lecture hall etc. So I hope he chimes in this discussion.
Salve Svenja!

RAT conference without Jasper?? He can't make it the 21 st. Bad Homburg would be OK too, I suppose, but would prefer Mainz central. Since a few people are coming by car, we could go to Saalburg as well in a carpool.
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RAT conference MAINZ 2008 / 2.0 caiusbeerquitius 18 8,686 06-17-2008, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Kate Gilliver