Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3mm mail plus scales
Anything I have 2 of....hmmmmm, ears, feet, eyes, hands, minds, nu....ok they're definately not for sale, tonsils, lungs, ....... :lol: :roll:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I sold every scrap of armour I had to purchase Andrew's Dendra panoply. I'm slowly building up my collection again to help pay for my next insane purchase Wink
Author: Bronze Age Military Equipment, Pen & Sword Books
Quote:I sold every scrap of armour I had to purchase Andrew's Dendra panoply. I'm slowly building up my collection again to help pay for my next insane purchase Wink

Awesome armour too!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:I'm slowly building up my collection again to help pay for my next insane purchase Wink
Plumata?
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Quote:
Doc:1mpnge05 Wrote:I am next in line with Erik. I have decided to sell a kidney to raise the necessary funds. Anyone know someone in need of a slightly used kidney?

Mhh. With some fava beans and a nice chianti? :wink:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:
marsvigilia:3nthk6s1 Wrote:
Doc:3nthk6s1 Wrote:I am next in line with Erik. I have decided to sell a kidney to raise the necessary funds. Anyone know someone in need of a slightly used kidney?

Mhh. With some fava beans and a nice chianti? :wink:

You Hanibal.
>|P. Dominus Antonius|<
Leg XX VV
Tony Dah m

Oderint dum metuant - Cicero
Si vis pacem, para bellum - Vegetius
Ooh, that is quite the insult. You called him a Carthaginian. Damn!!!
Derek D. Estabrook
Quote:This weekend one of our group (Tony) had a sample from Eric Schmidt of 3mm riveted mail with less than thumb nail sized scales on it. Amazing: had to almost have a magnifying lens for it. Too small for my cell phone camera, but maybe Tony will post an image? He paid $50 for a 1" square (about 2cm square).

Sounds like a sweetheart deal even at $50. Erik's website puts the 1" price at $75.
Franklin Slaton
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
Your mother wears caligae!
Quote:
richsc:3au204jn Wrote:This weekend one of our group (Tony) had a sample from Eric Schmidt of 3mm riveted mail with less than thumb nail sized scales on it. Amazing: had to almost have a magnifying lens for it. Too small for my cell phone camera, but maybe Tony will post an image? He paid $50 for a 1" square (about 2cm square).

Sounds like a sweetheart deal even at $50. Erik's website puts the 1" price at $75.

Hmmm, I wonder if he does one in athletic cup size? :roll:

But it would still be several thousand dollars so I will have to pass on his wonderful work I guess :lol:

Maybe once I'm listed on the Forbes top 500, I'll be able to splerge!! :twisted:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Gaius Julius Caesar\\n[quote]Hmmm, I wonder if he does one in athletic cup size? :roll:

But it would still be several thousand dollars so I will have to pass on his wonderful work I guess :lol: [quote]

Why, from what I've been told one scale may be a bit much. :twisted: :lol:

In all seriousness though, RAT members get a discount. It's the least I could do since you all have said such nice things. :wink:
Quote:
In all seriousness though, RAT members get a discount. It's the least I could do since you all have said such nice things. :wink:

So, based on the discount that Tony got, a full hauberk would only run $10,000 instead of $15,000? That's very generous of you!
Franklin Slaton
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
I was referring to the samples. :wink:
Ha! :lol:

Oh well, one can dream. At any rate, for most of us the difference between a $10,000 hauberk and a $15,000 one is an amusing side-note at best.
Franklin Slaton
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi