Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My "rare-books" collection!
Salve!

These are the books that I have been trying to get for some time. Now I have them 8) ...
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Hmmm..
A great collection, I give you that.

Elton I have.
The Brasseys I have...
Goldsworthy - any good for the Late Roman period?
Connolly - I bet his drawings are great - any Late Roman stuff in that Roman volume? I have the samall volumes (Legionary, Cavalryman, Fort, Odysseus) and Greece&Rome at war.
Fayum - they are all online I think?
Rusell Robinson - nothing late Roman, so no, not for me. :wink:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:Hmmm..
A great collection, I give you that.

Elton I have.
The Brasseys I have...
Connolly - I bet his drawings are great - any Late Roman stuff in that Roman volume? I have the samall volumes (Legionary, Cavalryman, Fort, Odysseus) and Greece&Rome at war.
Fayum - they are all online I think?
Rusell Robinson - nothing late Roman, so no, not for me. :wink:

In fact these are not "rare" books in a true sense of the word, just off-print popular history books :wink: . Robert, nothing particularly interesting for the late romans in the Goldsworthy`s & Connolly`s books. The Fayum book is really great, it always gives me the creeps reading about those haunting fages & yes, I think they are all online. Robinson`s book is "a must" for a bibliophile like me although there is not much concerning the late romans...
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
Quote:Connolly - I bet his drawings are great - any Late Roman stuff in that Roman volume? I have the samall volumes (Legionary, Cavalryman, Fort, Odysseus) and Greece&Rome at war.
If you have Greece & Rome At War, Robert, then you already have The Greek Armies, The Roman Army and Hannibal and the Enemies of Rome! Smile
Peter basically combined these three (with revisions and additions) to make the big book.
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
Even better then!! Big Grin
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
You`re right, Mr Campbell :wink: ! I have also Connolly`s "Greece and Rome at War". When I get this
http://www.vml-verlag.de/d/detail.php?I ... 9646-136-0
next week I will have something to be REALLY proud of :wink: !! Can`t wait...
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
Quote:Hmmm..

VS, don't know if you're interested but Goldsworthy's new book, "Fall of Rome", is coming out in early (??) 2008 and can be pre-ordered on Amazon
[url:v2p85q8z]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fall-Rome-Adrian-Keith-Goldsworthy/dp/0297845632/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1198769777&sr=1-16[/url]
Big Grin shock: Big Grin

With any luck, it could be interesting!!
Ian (Sonic) Hughes
"I have described nothing but what I saw myself, or learned from others" - Thucydides, Peloponnesian War
"I have just jazzed mine up a little" - Spike Milligan, World War II
Quote:If you have Greece & Rome At War, Robert, then you already have The Greek Armies, The Roman Army and Hannibal and the Enemies of Rome! Smile
Peter basically combined these three (with revisions and additions) to make the big book.
Although you miss out on Hannibal's triumphal entry into Capua!
Dan Diffendale
Ph.D. candidate, University of Michigan

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UK tonight on TV:- "Revealed: Boudicca\'s Treasures&quot Tarbicus 9 3,918 11-30-2005, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Tarbicus