Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What you been doing over Christmas??
Quote:
Quote:I have been rebuilding totally the top end of a lorica, I have renewed everything except the two outer shoulder plates..

Have you had any problems with nerves below your underarm getting pinched while wearing your segmentata? While carrying my scutum my left hand eventually becomes numb. I've never been able to fix this. I even went to the trouble of fabricating a new torso section from scratch.

For other activities, I'm spending the holidays making a pair of caligae for a friend. Presently the right boot is ready for hobnails and I'm about to start stitching together the left. I'll have pictures to share when they're done.
I wear a light canvas 'waist coat' with leather pads on the shoulders and under the armpit. this seems to stop chaffing and numbing when wearing a summer tunic.
Im also a pikeman in the Sealed Knot (was a musketeer hence the handle) Too boring. When holding a 13 foot pike for long periods I get the same problem with fingers going numb. It seems to be quite common.
Did romans have a kind of baldric on which to support the shield???
Mike Carroll.
LEGIIAVG

Dying aint much of a living.

Messages In This Thread
Re: What you been doing over Christmas?? - by muskitear - 12-28-2007, 01:39 PM
Re: What you been doing over Christmas?? - by JVL - 12-29-2007, 05:51 PM