Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Female Fantasy/Sci-Fi Characters
Quote:The costumes for Guinevere from 'King Arthur' and Mira from 'The Last Legion', were both total fantasy!!!!
I have heard some young men declare their fantasies about those....

Libitina, whatever you decide, after all this, you simply MUST send up a picture. After all, we've helped in the decision, right? It's only fair.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:The costumes for Guinevere from 'King Arthur' and Mira from 'The Last Legion', were both total fantasy!!!!

Graham.
Graham, not to sound too negative, but Guinevere in that black leather s&m outfit was just ghastly! You have picked female figures from two of the WORST films that I have ever seen, along with Braveheart and The Patriot.
Quote:Libitina, whatever you decide, after all this, you simply MUST send up a picture. After all, we've helped in the decision, right? It's only fair.

Here Here!

Indeed so.

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Quote:Graham, not to sound too negative, but Guinevere in that black leather s&m outfit was just ghastly! You have picked female figures from two of the WORST films that I have ever seen,

It is a gift you know! :wink:

Nevertheless I am sure that Jim can provide pictures from his vast database of images to illustrate the total lack of accuracy!

Quote:two of the WORST films that I have ever seen, along with Braveheart and The Patriot.

Pleased to hear an American say that. Watching these films one could almost begin to think you did not like us Brits!

Best wishes
Graham
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
There's always St. Alia-of-the-knife from Herbert's Dune stories. You can do that one naked with just a crysknife. In fact, if you do, please send me a picture.
Pecunia non olet
Quote:There's always St. Alia-of-the-knife from Herbert's Dune stories. You can do that one naked with just a crysknife. In fact, if you do, please send me a picture.

Wait why should it just be YOU that gets the photo?! Big Grin

I'm starting to think this type of stuff is the reason we don't have more female members! Smile
Sean Marcum

Roma Victrix! 
Quote:
M. Demetrius:mwsrkai2 Wrote:Libitina, whatever you decide, after all this, you simply MUST send up a picture. After all, we've helped in the decision, right? It's only fair.

Here Here!

Indeed so.

:wink:

Narukami

Ooo right. Jabba the Hutt outfit it is then [Image: cheeky-smiley-015.gif]
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
Quote:I'm starting to think this type of stuff is the reason we don't have more female members! Smile

That what we said last year in my fencing club...

We had been five years as a men-only club (we haven´t rules about this, just happened) and this year we have a 40% female members. Confusedhock:

At first we thought the problem was that we were us: a pack of roleplayers-historians-LARPers and our president, aways saying "sexually-related" jokes.

Until we found girls more roleplayers-historians-LARPers than us :lol:

Hey! we´re becoming respectable! :lol:

sorry, gone totally OT... :roll:
-This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how
sheep´s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
[Image: escudocopia.jpg]Iagoba Ferreira Benito, member of Cohors Prima Gallica
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.
You lucky sons of.....!!! How did you manage to get that many girls in there, I hope they all have boyfriends outside the group! Hahahaha! Wink
Sean Marcum

Roma Victrix! 
Hey, we are few in number but strong in spirit!

And yes Kat, do take a pic so we could all see your costume. Smile
Sara T.
RAT Rules for Posting

Courage is found in unlikely places. [size=75:2xx5no0x] ~J.R.R Tolkien[/size]
Quote:
john m roberts:3u9x9p08 Wrote:There's always St. Alia-of-the-knife from Herbert's Dune stories. You can do that one naked with just a crysknife. In fact, if you do, please send me a picture.

Wait why should it just be YOU that gets the photo?! Big Grin

I'm starting to think this type of stuff is the reason we don't have more female members! Smile

Bah, I used to be a barmaid in a rock pub. You guys are a piece of cake :wink:
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
Just tape some plastic snakes on your head, some make-up around the eyes, et voila, Medusa.
Hanoeman/Thijs Olive
Well, the simplest costume is Eve. Before the Fall, it's really easy. For the After the Fall version, you have to wait until fig leaves are in season.
:oops: :lol:

But that might not qualify as "Science Fiction". I've digressed from the original topic again. :roll:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
You can always dress as a man hahahahaha
Big Grin D D
Patrick Van Calck
Libitina, you could always try dressing as a pregnant Mary Magdalene and say that you're the Sang Real from Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code. :lol: :evil: :lol:

Graham, I watched "King Arthur" on a borrowed DVD as I would not even spend the money to rent it. And it was just as bad as I had both heard and expected it to be. The low point of all low points was the rather corny replay of the "Miracle of the Ice" from Sergei Eisenstein's classic "Alexander Nevsky." But then, I also hated the John Boorman version called "Excalibur" as it was pure fantasy from Sir Thomas Mallory. My wife and I nearly fell out of our seats we were laughing so hard when Uther bedded Ygraine while dressed in a full suite of plate, removing only his codpiece. Yeuchh! One of these days, someone will actually try to do a serious job of placing Arthur in a post-Roman environment and actually permitting the mythos of the times to play a part.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hahahah! Sci-Fi characters out of work.... Magnus 3 1,130 01-01-2009, 11:26 PM
Last Post: A_Volpe
  Typing accented letters & special characters Tarbicus 0 834 11-03-2005, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Tarbicus