Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dacian Fibulae
I was recently reading an interesting book that details the typologies and chronological development of fibulae in pre-Roman Dacia. It's quite interesting and has a lot of diagrams representing the numerous types and sub-types.

Here is the information if someone is interested.

title: Fibulele din Dacia Preromana (sec. II i.e.n. - I e.n.)
author: Aurel RUSTOIU
published: 1997, Bucharest
publisher: Vavila Edinf SRL
ISBN: 973-98334-3-8

I've attached the general overview of the chronology of the types. The time scale on the left says "1st century BC" and "1st century AD"

If anyone wants more information, let me know.

Ioan
Ioan Berbescu
Hi Ioan,

Thanks for the info. The brooches we are currently workingon, we have three styles to eventually offer are based on examples in museums in UK, I photographed them last October and they are of course, Celtic...but if they are popular enough, I'm sure we can branch out into Dacian and German for people.

Great info, I appreciate it greatly.

Regards

Will
These mainly have a cast body. If you want some pictures in the future just, let me know.

Ioan
Ioan Berbescu
How similar do you suppose West and Central Germanic fibulae were, for this same time period?
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:How similar do you suppose West and Central Germanic fibulae were, for this same time period?

I don't know. I'm really not very familiar with fibulae. I just saw the book and for me it was interesting. If you are familiar with Germanic fibulae, I can check for more information on Dacian ones to see how similar they are.

Ioan.
Ioan Berbescu