Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volunteers wanted.....Free food included!!!!
I'm passing the word along for anyone interested in volunteering at a living history place called Archaeolink in North Eastern Scotland.

They reenact everything from Stone age to the Roman age. Free modern tents are provided and food is free too, but don't count on all you can eat though. If you would like you can stay dressed up the whole time and sleep in either the Iron age round house or really any of the other buildings/tents on site. Outfits are provided for anyone volunteering, but the amount of clothing can be limited and/or crappy, so I'd recommend bringing your own kit if you can.
The minimum stay is 2 weeks and you can stay as long as you want, so long as you work. Expect 25-35 hour work weeks, but those are pretty easy.

Anyway if you have any questions about volunteering there, just ask me, I spent 2 months there last year and I'll be there another 3 months this year.

Here's a link to the site, http://www.archaeolink.co.uk/
Sean Marcum

Roma Victrix! 
Hmmmmm ,they don't exactly advertise that here, thats for sure!
Mind you, I never look for it anyway! :roll:

Might provide something to do.....
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
FREE FOOD WERE Big Grin D D twisted: First I have heard of his place too Gaivs could be fun Big Grin
Regards Brennivs Big Grin
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
When you have all this why do you envy our mud huts
                     Caratacvs
Centvrio Princeps Brennivs COH I Dacorivm (Roma Antiqvia)
I' was there years ago when it first opened........I would imagine it has changed a bit since then! Just the bit about needing volunteers is not much publisiced, unless of course you search out the website....

Would be a blast to fart about in kit up here! lol!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Yeah, they don't do a good job of reaching out to us reenactors, they tend to use far more students straight from schools. But of course we have many students on this board so spread the WORD!

Archaeolink has changed quite a bit since you've last been there Bryon, so I've seen with photos. Also there is TALK, just that nothing even close to solid, that a battle reenactment could take place near the park, the Battle of Mon Graupis, which I think the park sits very close to where the battle may have happened. Personally, living on site for 2 months and reading about everything and walking the terrain of the area, I think the battle was there, since a Huge Roman camp site is 3-4 miles away. But thats just what I think, it could have been in Perthshire.

Anyway, enough off topic stuff! Again, the park would love to have volunteers, I think they prefer 2 week stays, but if you only have enough time for a week or just a weekend, I'm sure they'd be happy to have anyone. Contact them first however or if you want more details about volunteering, I'm just spreading the word!
Sean Marcum

Roma Victrix! 
I'll see what kind of response I get! Being an old oil hand, they may find it harder to maintain the mask...... :wink: :lol:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Just want to bump this. Keep an eye out on Archaeolinks event page, there might be a Roman event or timeline event there this year.

Remember, free food to volunteers!
Sean Marcum

Roma Victrix! 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Volunteers needed: Help run RAT! Praefectusclassis 15 3,779 06-03-2013, 08:51 AM
Last Post: Robert