Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red Baron movie
http://www.redbaron-themovie.com/

I saw a little clip of the movie, and it looks really well done, the CGI and effects works looks great.

I read (wikipedia?) that Val Kilmer was originally cast as Richtofen, but when the production was moved to Europe, he was replaced by a European fellow - "to secure creative accuracy"....Yeah, take that Hollywood! :twisted:

I still have yet to see "Flyboys", mostly because of the comments from fellow RAT'ers, but hey.

Although I'm not sure the Albatross seen in the clip had the "hump" on the back of the cockpit - I seem to recall one variant of the D.III or D.V having a "hump", but the marjority of Albatross did not have "humps"...But all in all it looks pretty accurate from what I can see...And damn those uniforms (and aircraft!) look snappy in vivid color 8)
Andy Volpe
"Build a time machine, it would make this [hobby] a lot easier."
https://www.facebook.com/LegionIIICyr/
Legion III Cyrenaica ~ New England U.S.
Higgins Armory Museum 1931-2013 (worked there 2001-2013)
(Collection moved to Worcester Art Museum)
Okay, you find my other soft spot...WW1 aviation. :wink:

I remember reading that the hump was optional, or removed.

Comparisons with "Flyboys" will arise, but at least those germans cannot won the war alone! :twisted:
Here a video:

[url:1zb35e9t]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJghJNAjc1k[/url]

(I love the damaged Albatross in sec 43 :roll: and the engine start of the (Udet´s?) fokker Dr.I)

And here a videoclip:

[url:1zb35e9t]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJghJNAjc1k[/url]

They have posted the trailer in the Deutsch section of the web!

BTW, some mad russians are making a nice WW1 flight sim, there are some videos around there. They have even made a free Fokker Dr.I add-on for F.S.X.
-This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how
sheep´s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
[Image: escudocopia.jpg]Iagoba Ferreira Benito, member of Cohors Prima Gallica
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.
A favourite of mine too! Perhaps you may have seem the work I did for Ospreys German Air Forces 1914-18?

I also illustrated a few articles on German pilots, including MvR of course, for Military Illustrated magazine.

'Flyboys' was fun but not very accurate, however the scenes for this film look far better and almost for once the actors, with one or two exceptions, playing the pilots are about the right age. MvR was only 25 when he was killed practically an old man compared with the rest.

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
Looks to be an awesome movie. I've really like all the WW II movies that I've watched out of Germany and am sure a WW I flick will also be impressive.
Renius/Greg German
Legio VI FFC
Flyboys NEVER tried to be accurate...it seemed to be the "Pearl harbor" of WW1 :twisted: Young Indiana Jones was, even bad, more historical. :roll:

At least in this one there are more aircraft than German Dr.I and Laffayete´s Ni. 17.
And the painting schemes are breathtaking! Confusedhock: I loved to see those airfeld panoramics of the "Flying circus" Big Grin
-This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how
sheep´s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
[Image: escudocopia.jpg]Iagoba Ferreira Benito, member of Cohors Prima Gallica
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.
This looks good. I remember seeing Blue Max when i was a kid!
That was always my favourite for a long time!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel