Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Final Inquiry
Seems based on "The Inquiry" by Dando Collins... buddy found it and brought it over. Armor is typically bad... though a few nice breastplates and subarmalis' appear. Nice sets and some good looking tunics. About Roman soldier tasked by Tiberius to investigate the resurrection of Christ. Worth a watch if you like that kind of thing. Not a treatise on the Roman army at all, and a little slow. Lots of subplots too that seemed under developed, but on the whole an interesting way to look at the Crucifixion. Same Pilate actor as in The Passion of the Christ. Stephen the Martyr actor was a disciple in Passion too... John I think.

My two cents, I plan to buy a copy to hold on to. I had never even heard of it. But I had read the book.
Wow, it seems like it's in good taste and worth a look.

Yeah, I like the envoy's officer kit Smile

His armor doesn't look like a reused prop either. Nice pteryges.

And Max von Sydow plays Tiberius 8)

~Theo
Jaime
I got the movie this weekend at Best Buy and I've watched over 1/3 of it so far.

Quote:Stephen the Martyr actor was a disciple in Passion too... John I think.

Yes. And Penelope Cruz's sister is in the film. F. Murray Abraham is also in it (from 'Amadeus'). And Dolph Lundgren plays a German bodyguard, swinging a giant ax Smile

This Italian flick is probably the best one to date regarding costumes but it's a really mixed bag - the Praetorians on Capri look great, IMO. So does Taurus's armor and clothes, and Pilate too. But the Romans on the Rhine are wearing leather helmets *sigh...* Though some of the shields look very good - the large rectangular scuta.

Acting : well, the cast is mostly European (Italian/ Spanish/ Bulgarian/ Swedish) all acting in an English script so at times the flow seems a bit choppy but I got used to it quickly.

That's my review for now.

(Incidently, I think this thread more properly belongs in the "References and Review" section of RAT. Hardly an off-topic subject :wink: )

~Theo
Jaime