Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did the Earth move for you last night?
Now that is more like it....earthquake....whatever next! :roll:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I was in Rome when the quake hit Assici, that one realy woke me up infact the whole city shook. Then later that morning I was sitting on some steps in the Piassa Navona, the most wierd thing was that all the Pigeon's took off then a split second later there was an after shock. That was the most interesting thing I ever saw, just how do these creatures sence that these things are going to happen.
Brian Stobbs
looks like the earth moved twice again.
Brian Stobbs
:lol: I didn't want to post and say in case you were in the process of deleteing it....if you catch it before someone else posts, there is an X in the right corner that allows you to delete your post, but it only works until someone else posts.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Im not even going to consider it Byron, been dodging these kind of things for years now. Like the time my friend took my wife and I to the top of Mt Etna, the damn mountain blew up the next day as we drove past on our way to Sancataldo.
Brian Stobbs
Sorry that first post was in reference to the picture, you must have posted at the same time, as it was there when I posted mine, but not when I started it.

As to the pigeons, i imagine it is their gps system, picking up the disturbances in the earths magnetic field or what ever...
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
They do say that the Romans had a thing about watching the birds, I was watching the birds that day and they were all Roman ones how interesting even with an earthquake thrown in.
Brian Stobbs
Quote: I've spent the morning straightening every picture on the wall. :roll:
Ah, you're a perfectionist then? :lol:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:Earthquake? I don't think so!
[Image: cthulhu-6.jpg]

What? A picture of a wave crashing ashore? I can see nothing strange in that picture. :roll:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
:lol:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:
Memmia:3ugz01ib Wrote:I've spent the morning straightening every picture on the wall. :roll:

Oh, most definitely :wink:
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
Quote:
Vortigern Studies:3ulibxeh Wrote:
Memmia:3ulibxeh Wrote:I've spent the morning straightening every picture on the wall. :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Btw, the link to your website is dead?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Quote:
Memmia:36uhq5fv Wrote:
Vortigern Studies:36uhq5fv Wrote:
Memmia:36uhq5fv Wrote:I've spent the morning straightening every picture on the wall. :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Btw, the link to your website is dead?

Yes, it didn't meet my impossibly high standards, so I destroyed it :lol:

(Actually, I'd forgotten about it :oops: )
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
A bit late this but its funny. I half woke up as the bed rocked too and fro and my missus said not now, im not in the mood
Mike Carroll.
LEGIIAVG

Dying aint much of a living.
I was just drifting off when it went through, and it was still pretty forceful even by the time it reached me in Cheltenham. I figured it for structural instability, or even some rowdy partiers, until I caught the BBC feed later in the day.
K.E.McElligott

"I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know." - M.Tullius Cicero

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  move furnature with catapult Gaius Decius Aquilius 4 1,650 02-18-2009, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Narukami
  Did the Earth move for you ? Memmia 3 1,131 04-29-2007, 11:31 PM
Last Post: Chuck Russell
  a good night at the BBC! MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS 7 1,586 12-18-2006, 07:30 AM
Last Post: MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS