• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best historical mod for RTW?
I downloaded Roma Surrectum yesterday (it's really great! Big Grin shock:
Valete,
Titvs Statilivs Castvs - Sander Van Daele
LEG XI CPF
COH VII RAET EQ (part of LEG XI CPF)

MA in History
(L) means a legion is recruitable there after the Imperial Reforms. if you hold your cursor over the land of a province with an (L) city name, it will tell you the name of the province and what legion is recriutable there if you right click and hold it down.
"Marcus Hortensius Castus"
or, to those interested,
"Kyle Horton"

formerly Horton III
You might be interested to take a look at the recent Macedonian preview for Roma Surrectum version 2
Tony
Modeller and skinner for Roma Surrectum, a mod for Rome Total War
I already saw that, I'm registered on the forum (for a few days Tongue ). Do you know when it will be released? I won't be able to play my savegames of 1.5 anymore after that's installed, will I?

But I can't get on TWCenter, I get an error. Do you have the same thing? Confusedhock:
Valete,
Titvs Statilivs Castvs - Sander Van Daele
LEG XI CPF
COH VII RAET EQ (part of LEG XI CPF)

MA in History
They've been having server and database issues for about 2 months now, and they are generally resolved pretty quickly. I'd say by tonight they'll be back up, no worries.
"Marcus Hortensius Castus"
or, to those interested,
"Kyle Horton"

formerly Horton III
i'm gonna try out roma surrectum because my notebook pc is to slow for EB...
MARCVS DECIVS / Matthias Wagner
The latest is the Iberian Conflict for Rome Total Realism,its getting great reveiws so far,i'm still plugging away at RTR Platinum.It can get a little confusing as to which mod can be used as there are different versions of RTW available.
Fair play to the modding community for the oodles of hours put into developing these mods.
<a class="postlink" href="http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/4889/rtrromeyl4dg1.jpg">http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/4889 ... yl4dg1.jpg
Jason V.Oakley
I tried RS but there is a bug.....

Iberian conflict? Is this an easy add on for RTR, or do you have to jump through hoops and other circus tricks to get it to work?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Bug? Not unless installed incorrectly.
Tony
Modeller and skinner for Roma Surrectum, a mod for Rome Total War
Sorry, forgot about this post....I got it working and it is definately the best
version, like having a new game to get into....great work who ever developed it! 8)
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I must say that Europa Barbarorum is the best Rome: Total War modification yet! Arthurian: Total War for Barbarian Invasion expansion pack is great too.
King Arthur, High King of the Romano-British, and Restitutor Orbis
Ray
At the momment im playing RTR platinum and have conquered the world in 100 years. Its 188BC right now.

Whats the difference between RTR, Roma Surrectum and EB?
Quote:At the momment im playing RTR platinum and have conquered the world in 100 years. Its 188BC right now.

I've never tried Roma Surrectum, but I have played Rome: Total Realism. At the moment, I'm playing Europa Barbarorum just so you know. I like EB better probably because of the amount of detail put in for the government systems as well as the battlefield soldiers, moreso than even RTR in my opinion. Also, EB runs a script, which greatly enhances gameplay. :wink:

I've only played RTR 5.4 and RTR Gold though. Is Platinum the latest version? And is it that much better than Gold? I hear RTR 7.0 is coming soon...
Ray
Quote:
MARCVS PETRONIVS MAIVS:2qgkxzjq Wrote:At the momment im playing RTR platinum and have conquered the world in 100 years. Its 188BC right now.

I've never tried Roma Surrectum, but I have played Rome: Total Realism. At the moment, I'm playing Europa Barbarorum just so you know. I like EB better probably because of the amount of detail put in for the government systems as well as the battlefield soldiers, moreso than even RTR in my opinion. Also, EB runs a script, which greatly enhances gameplay. :wink:

I've only played RTR 5.4 and RTR Gold though. Is Platinum the latest version? And is it that much better than Gold? I hear RTR 7.0 is coming soon...

RTR platinum is just about the same as gold if I remember correctly, and is just down to which patch you have installed for RTW (1.5 or 1.6). The Roma Surrectum maps look really nice by the looks of it on the forum.

At the momment one of the things that annoy me about the mods are the limited number of cities available (harcoded into the game) and that they all end in 0BC or just about there. A decent mod for the later roman empire would be great.
Quote:A decent mod for the later roman empire would be great.

Do you have the expansion pack Barbarian Invasion? This very well covers the later Roman period. Or do you mean the period before Constantine the Great?
Ray