Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best historical mod for RTW?
Quote:
Quote:A decent mod for the later roman empire would be great.

Do you have the expansion pack Barbarian Invasion? This very well covers the later Roman period. Or do you mean the period before Constantine the Great?

I have BI, but its just as accurate (or should I say innacurate) as RTW. Anything from 200AD onwards would do.
Yes, it would be great if these mods..ir EB RTR or RS were developed to cover BI. Or do they already?

BTW, I have still not managed to get EB to work on my system, despite having a clean copy of RTW for it....fortunately got RS to work instead!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Yes, it would be great if these mods..ir EB RTR or RS were developed to cover BI. Or do they already?

BTW, I have still not managed to get EB to work on my system, despite having a clean copy of RTW for it....fortunately got RS to work instead!

EB seems to look a lot like RTR, and RS I don't know much about except the maps look a lot more appealing, and that some provinces have been removed/changed around.

Is that about right Byron?
You can enlist Generals and Govenor/Generals, instead of having to wait for a boy to be born and come of age in the Family.

You still have family members as well though.

There asome other differences too! But have only played it a couple of days before comming offshore so am looking forward to exploring gameplay when I get home.

It seems to be a bit slower too, must need heavy processor power!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:BTW, I have still not managed to get EB to work on my system, despite having a clean copy of RTW for it....fortunately got RS to work instead!
I think you need RTW-BI for EB, IIRC. :?

Quote:It seems to be a bit slower too, must need heavy processor power!
yep, lots of textures to load. Whats why I discarded it after while. :lol: Will unfortunately be the same with RS 2.0. Sad
[size=85:2j3qgc52]- Carsten -[/size]
Quote:You can enlist Generals and Govenor/Generals, instead of having to wait for a boy to be born and come of age in the Family.

You still have family members as well though.

There asome other differences too! But have only played it a couple of days before comming offshore so am looking forward to exploring gameplay when I get home.

It seems to be a bit slower too, must need heavy processor power!

Thank God for that! A chronic lack of generals is quite frankly one of the things that annoys me the most in the latter parts of the game!

Offshore? Do you work on an oilrig? Big Grin
Yes, north sea.

I find it is a great improvement, as like your self, as things progressed, some of the family members were a little short on offspring, and the adopted sons were as old as the hills at times, and totally lacking in desireable traits!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
The reality is that each of the mods has its strengths and weaknesses, and everyone will have a personal preference. RTR, EB and RS are all great mods.

RS2 will be along fairly soon, which is almost a totally different mod from RS1.5 - you can see the main forum and previews here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=251
Tony
Modeller and skinner for Roma Surrectum, a mod for Rome Total War
Tiberius Clodius Corvinus\\n[quote] [ I think you need RTW-BI for EB, IIRC. :?

/[quote]

I will check it out, i must have misunder stood the comment about BI compatability..... Smile
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
@Byron:
This thread might help:
http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthrea ... 1d&t=80270

... seems, that the latest version of EB doesnt need BI anymore.
but be warned ;-) ... it probably needs even more pc-power than RS
[size=85:2j3qgc52]- Carsten -[/size]
Cheers Carsten, that is probably the version I downloaded..... :roll: Sad
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel