Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TARRACO VIVA 2008
Hello,

A preliminar program of the event is yet in that web:

www.tarracoviva.com

Is not in english, by the moment.

The principal atraction of that year is a macro-sized gladiatorial games, with the depiction of a ceremony in Apollo's honour.

And, of course, LEGIO PRIMA GERMANICA participation: we'll reenact an statio, the building sited for the control of the roads and refresh of the horses of cursus publicus (a kind of pony express postal service).

Dates: 23, 24 and 25 of may.

All the RAT members are wellcome!
Thanks Cesar!

Quote:The principal atraction of that year is a macro-sized gladiatorial games
Always works well for the crowds... :wink:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Hmpf! :x

I´ll miss it (having to patrol the Rhine ...in some way...).

So yell iugiula twice for me! :twisted:
The troopers always want more blood... :lol:

Enjoy, the ones who can :wink: a 10 years old event, it´s unexpected to be in so good health! Big Grin

And this year seems to be greater than ever! Confusedhock:

Even if you don´t know Catalonian (or Spanish, or Latin :lol: ), click over the scrolls picture, in the words "programa avanç."

You´ll be able to understand such words as Timetrotter, and other groups´names :wink:
-This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how
sheep´s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
[Image: escudocopia.jpg]Iagoba Ferreira Benito, member of Cohors Prima Gallica
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.
Well, someone has to patrol along the Rhine while the rest of the Cohort is at Tarraco, Iagoba. Enjoy it! Tongue

Aitor
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
This time we will be there. :!: Big Grin

...and we will rock you. :wink: :wink:

Having a concert on Saturday and doing the sounds for the arena on Sunday,
as far as it is planned by now. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Susanna

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.musica-romana.de">www.musica-romana.de

A Lyra is basically an instrument to accompaign pyromanic city destruction.
It will be great to see you there, Susanna!! Big Grin
We must start thinking of our dinner, less than a month left, Cesar!! 8)

Aitor
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
Less than a week left Confusedhock:

Susanna, will your group be lodged at the Ciutat del Repos (a really nice play to stay, no kidding 8) ) or have you managed to grab a more luxurious lodging from the organizers? Tongue

I ask about that, because my group performs at an outpost. A magnificent domed Late Roman building with one of the few surviving Roman dome mosaics on it, Cencelles. The problem is that it is rather far from the city and we have diffiuculties to meet the other groups' people except at the huge dining room. Sad

Aitor

Rolf Steiner
I think its called:

"Carretera del Boscos de Tarragona" ???

Do you know that?
Susanna

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.musica-romana.de">www.musica-romana.de

A Lyra is basically an instrument to accompaign pyromanic city destruction.
It's the same. Ciutat del repos (resting village) is located in carretera de boscos de Taragona (Tarragona's wooden road) Big Grin

So you are in the same lodging site.
Fine! Big Grin
Many thanks, Cesar! 8)

Aitor

Rolf Steiner
Seems that I´ll end in Tarraco too Big Grin ?

I´ve to look some details, like acomodation for a late late roman :lol: reenactor without equipment :?

Any tent avalaible? Big Grin

BTW: The Rhine will be without guards. I hope no Germanic tries to cross it without asking permision. :lol:
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.
We want pictures! Lotsa pictures!! Big Grin

Quote: a late late roman :lol: reenactor without equipment :?
How come?

Quote:BTW: The Rhine will be without guards. I hope no Germanic tries to cross it without asking permision. :lol:
OK OK, we'll cover the border which you so hastily left unguarded! Just hope the Alamanni stick to their bargain. :wink:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:How come?

16 hours in bus. :?

Still better than marching in full kit :lol:

Quote:
Iagoba:8s0qij1y Wrote:BTW: The Rhine will be without guards. I hope no Germanic tries to cross it without asking permision. :lol:
OK OK, we'll cover the border which you so hastily left unguarded! Just hope the Alamanni stick to their bargain. :wink:

I´ll left a "back in 5 minutes" sign :wink:

And they will be too distracted visiting their own exhibitions in museums Confusedhock:
No problem for the equipment, Iagoba. 8)
What do you prefer, the stag suit or the bunny one (I must prevent you that the rabbit will be stabbed through, while the stag won't...) :lol:

We're going to make a totally civilian display on Late Roman hunting this year at Tarraco Viva. Big Grin

Aitor

Rolf Steiner
Leaving in a few hours... Confusedhock:
The weather forecast is rather unpromising. It seems that British weather has reached the Mediterranean this year... Sad

Aitor

Rolf Steiner

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tarraco Viva 2016 Graham Sumner 12 7,112 06-28-2016, 08:53 AM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat
  TARRACO VIVA 2012 Graham Sumner 28 6,105 03-17-2013, 09:55 PM
Last Post: daconey
  After Tarraco Viva 2011 (that\'s the XIIIth!) Iagoba 0 1,133 05-17-2011, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Iagoba