Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
German Soldier Help
I'm working on a big WW2 project with several Waffen SS and Wehrmacht soldiers in it. I'm a little new to the subject and need some experts to help me with uniform details. If interested, send me a private message.
Thanks,
Johnny
Johnny Shumate
Didn't you receive my pictures a few weeks ago?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Hi Johnny

Unlike the British army at that time who simply could not afford it but had the sense to realise that, the German army seemed to issue a new uniform and a whole new set of insignia if you changed Tyre's on a vehicle!

There is far more material on this particular subject available than on the Roman army for instance and consequently far more people who will delight in telling you, you got that button wrong!

In your case Johnny it will depend on how accurate your publishers (clients, whatever) want the job doing and what the readership/market is expected to be. If they are aiming for total accuracy then they should supply you with something. Otherwise for your own reputation you have an awful lot of research work to do.

Try starting with
GERMAN SOLDIERS OF WWII- Jean De Lagarde

Alternatively it will be an exercise for your artistic skills trying to hide everything your not sure of with arms, legs, guns, equipment, dirt and dust!!

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
Robert, Graham...
Sorry I'm late on this reply.

Robert,
Yes, I got the pics awhile back. Thanks for sending....

Graham,
I'm halfway into this project and realize the nightmare I'm in..! Maybe with a little (or a lot) help, I can pull my fat out of the fire..!

Thanks for the suggestions...
Johnny
Johnny Shumate