Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berber
Quote:Aryaman2

Quote:but more probably the result of slave seeking expeditions by Bereber pirates since the XVI century. .

It would take an awful lot of blonde haired blue eyed slaves to change a previously dark population even by a tiny fraction seeing as blonde blue eyed genes are so recessive. Surely they would have had to outnumber the local native population to make such an impact
But we are not talking about changing population, just about some Berber people with an european look, if you take a survey I am sure they will show to be a tiny fraction, although very noticeable.
In fact, a genetic study I read some time ago showed the European admixture to peak at 16% in some groups, that is enough to show blueyed people. I know some Latino with very strong Indian features and blue eyes.
AKA Inaki
Quote:
Memmia:3g6lyocq Wrote:Aryaman2

Quote:but more probably the result of slave seeking expeditions by Bereber pirates since the XVI century. .

It would take an awful lot of blonde haired blue eyed slaves to change a previously dark population even by a tiny fraction seeing as blonde blue eyed genes are so recessive. Surely they would have had to outnumber the local native population to make such an impact
But we are not talking about changing population, just about some Berber people with an european look, if you take a survey I am sure they will show to be a tiny fraction, although very noticeable.
In fact, a genetic study I read some time ago showed the European admixture to peak at 16% in some groups, that is enough to show blueyed people. I know some Latino with very strong Indian features and blue eyes.

In Northern Algeria quite a large percentage of the population have European features, far more so than other Maghrebis. The majority of the Kabylie population of Tizi Ouzou and the surrounding area have European features, and there were certainly enough of them in the 1990s to make a significant stand against the government.
The Ottomans founded Tizi Ouzou, could the modern population be decended significantly from the original Turks ? Many of these Turks had blonde features (as many still do today). Smile
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
Quote:In Northern Algeria quite a large percentage of the population have European features, far more so than other Maghrebis. The majority of the Kabylie population of Tizi Ouzou and the surrounding area have European features, and there were certainly enough of them in the 1990s to make a significant stand against the government.
The Ottomans founded Tizi Ouzou, could the modern population be decended significantly from the original Turks ? Many of these Turks had blonde features (as many still do today). Smile
I haven´t been to Northern Algeria, but in Northern Morocco those Berbers with a European look, although noticeable, are not certainly a large percentage. Anyway DNA tests show in Berber populations the typical North African E3B haplogroup as the predominant one.
AKA Inaki
Guardian: Analysis of Roman grave reveals that York was a multicultural society

We already know that Rome was a multicultural society. This article is trying to support that, but it still bothers me. A Roman-era lady is found with isotopes in her teeth linking her to North Africa. Because of this she is automatically assumed to be black skinned. How do we know that? Am I missing something?
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com
Quote:How do we know that? Am I missing something?
I am skeptical too.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website