Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arms and Armour of the Imperial Roman Soldier
As many others I have been eagerly waiting for the publication of this book by Graham Sumner and Raffaele D’Amato.

I just notice that the pre-publication notice for this book at the greenhill books site has disappeared (actually the complete website appears to have disappeared).

Maybe Mr. Sumner or Mr. D'Amato could give us an update on the publication status I really hope that publication will not be delayed!
Regards,

Jens Horstkotte
Munich, Germany
Hello Jens.

Greenhills Books are now Frontline books part of Pen & Sword books!
As yet they have no new website.

As so much illustrative and written material was presented for the book it became three books, with all the subsequent ammendments to text etc....that, that entailed, including extra artwork by me so that all three volumes would have at least eight of my paintings in.

Sadly all that means is yes. the project has been delayed but everything for the first volume which will be on the late Republic and early Imperial era is now at the publishers.

When will it be published, well I am as eager as anyone but there are no definate dates as yet for publication.

The second volume will cover the Late Empire while the final volume deals with the Republic up to Marius.

Hope this helps.

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
I guess that means more sleepless nights for me!

Thank you very much for the update.
Regards,

Jens Horstkotte
Munich, Germany
Quote:I guess that means more sleepless nights for me!

Thank you very much for the update.

Same here, I'm really looking forward to these books!

Maius/Bill
Marcus Petronius Maius
LEG XIIII GEMINA COH VI
When in shops?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
This is great Big Grin !
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Quote:The second volume will cover the Late Empire while the final volume deals with the Republic up to Marius.

Is the correct order!! Big Grin
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
:evil: Bah humbug...... :lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Hello Jens.

Greenhills Books are now Frontline books part of Pen & Sword books!
As yet they have no new website.

Strictly speaking, the name Greenhill Books and all its backlist (ie its existing books) were sold to a US publisher (I forget which, but this is just in case their lawyers are reading), but their works in progress and, most vitally, the talents of the key editorial staff, went to the owners of Pen & Sword and became the new imprint: Frontline Books.

Phil Sidnell
Commissioning Editor
Pen & Sword Books
Sorry, should also have added that Frontline do not have a website of their own but have their own tab on the Pen & Sword site - www.pen-and-sword.co.uk

Phil Sidnell
Oh my god! It will be C. Valerius Crispus in LEATHER!!!!!!

AMAZON

Will there be a discount for RATers to absorb the shock of being confronted with Leather Armour?
Regards,

Jens Horstkotte
Munich, Germany
But leather is so---so butch! Looks like we have another 8 months to get used to the idea, anyway. Will it be available in the US at the same time?
Pecunia non olet

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Arms and Armour of the Imperial Roman Soldier sesdelta38 14 5,675 10-16-2012, 12:49 AM
Last Post: Agricola
  Roman Imperial Armour - Sim and Kaminski Vindex 7 3,185 01-31-2012, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Vindex
  Roman imperial Armour (D. Sim & J. Kaminski) jvrjenivs 3 2,225 12-28-2011, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Gunthamund Hasding