Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TORM 2008
Did anyone else go ?
We went there yesterday for a few hours and hubby and I came back with a few goodies. I got some nice Roman gear from Roman Reconstruction Fabrica, Forest Glass and Armamentaria, the stalls looked pretty impressive and photos don't really do the goods justice, some fine quality pieces there Big Grin .
Some gorgeous jewelry by Rufilia, ladies. I'm working on hubby for some of that in the future :wink:

My baby son wasn't impressed though, he was in a baby carrier and protested loudly every time I stopped to look at anything. Sad
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
I hope peronis didn't sell all his stock...I ordered some things on his site this weekend..... :roll:

Who are Roma Reconstructions Fabrica?
Was Len there too? Or is that his 'fabrica'?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I got some lovely wine from Drunken Monk too. It's made from silver birch sap, and is very lethal!
Friends of Letocetum
Sounds like it...similar to the Greek wine with pine sap in it? Retsina? or the other one......??can never recall the name?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:I hope peronis didn't sell all his stock...I ordered some things on his site this weekend..... :roll:

Who are Roma Reconstructions Fabrica?
Was Len there too? Or is that his 'fabrica'?

Yes it was Len Morgan
Friends of Letocetum
I wish I could get to some of these things, I always miss the markets.....
and most events.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:I wish I could get to some of these things, I always miss the markets.....
and most events.

C+ Must try harder Big Grin

The market sounded good. I'm still staring at the material I got from ILHF, I'm pretty sure it's not going to sew itself!
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
Quote:
Gaius Julius Caesar:3bs3m75u Wrote:I wish I could get to some of these things, I always miss the markets.....
and most events.

C+ Must try harder Big Grin

The market sounded good. I'm still staring at the material I got from ILHF, I'm pretty sure it's not going to sew itself!

You must have bought it from the same source I got my leather from :?
although the acromym is unfamiliar..... :roll: :lol:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Gaius,
IHLF stands for the International Living History Fair, basically this is the only other major trading market that is held at roughly the same times of the year as TORM. It's only been going about 5 years but does attract roughly the same amount of traders as does TORM.
Most of the Roman traders appear at TORM, ie Len Morgan, Steve Wagstaff, Armamentaria but there are also a number of other traders who do some Roman items amongst their usual stuff.
ILHF is improving steadily, it's held in a proper exhibition hall and the extra room means the aisles are a lot wider saving the usual log jams that can occur. I noticed this year that the quality of traders has improved immensely, gone are the 'Gothic Elf/Dragon on a stick' and in have come a number of other amourers and general suppliers.
As I said there aren't as many Roman traders but quite a number of cloth merchants, armourers etc who make it worthwhile to visit and with the better set-up I've decided to just do this market twice a year and so concentrate on the display we have there.
Regarding 'Roma Reconstructions Fabrica', if you're refering to the photo on the TORM website, that's me! For some reason I'm up there but with Len's trading name. He does have his photo too but I suppose the photographer got confused :wink:
We are looking at coming up your way to Lanark next year for the big show, it would be nice to have one special outing each year. The organisers have said that next year there will be a bigger Roman presence. Is Lanark anywhere near you?
Lawrence
Lawrence Payne

Asking me to tile your bathroom is like asking Vermeer to creosote your shed ;-)
[url:2kdj7ztq]http://www.romanmosaicworkshops.co.uk[/url]
www.romanmosaicworkshops.co.uk
www.romanmosaicpatterns.com
Lanarkshire? A ways a way, but not as far as Lunt.
:lol: it's down near Glas-wegia, lowland country.

(BTW, I was only joking about the unfamiliar acronym.....was refering to leather that doesn't turn it self into caligae, pouches, waepons hangers, etc by it self coming from the same source! :wink: )

but even if it is closer, unless I can be onshore for these things, it might as well be taking place on the moon, as I will have as much chance of getting there too, unless I quit my job.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Here's a pic of the stand with Rvfilia..
[Image: DSCF3426.jpg]

And here's me posing.. (New tunica!!! :wink: )

[Image: DSCF3431.jpg]
Wow, really cool stand! Good to see all those stuff together.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Thanks Jurjen,

Here's Rvfi setting out the pretty things..
[Image: DSCF3429.jpg]
#Hey great tunic Ade! Looks like a great stand, wish I could have been down there to see it!

BTW, what is that silver thing between the display cabinet and the gladii?
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:BTW, what is that silver thing between the display cabinet and the gladii?

Tinned face-mask?
ALA I BATAVORUM