Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"10 Most Historically Inaccurate Movies" - Yahoo!
Quote:As for historically accurate movies, one has to remember the ultimate reenactor film: Gettysburg. Darned impressive, although not being an expert on the Civil War I can't speak too much as to the equipment and tactics. But I heartily enjoy the film and pull it out every year or so.

Paullus,
I am glad that you mentioned Gettysburg as it is a perfect example of the old saying "Be careful what you wish for, you may get it!" When the movie was released it created a ton of public interest, but the mutterings of those we Civ War reenactors affectionately call stitch nazis soon began. "Too many fat over-forty glasses-wearing soldiers".... "That type of jacket wasn't issued until '64"... on and on ad nauseam. When It came time to cast and design the prequel "Gods and Generals" they worked very hard to get it right this time. Unfortunately, they should have concentrated more on plot and flow of the movie. The result was an emotional and financial let down. Let's concentrate on improving accuracy when working with folks like the History Channel and BBC and let Tinseltown do what it does best. Once we raise the expectations of general public Hollywood will come around on it's own. We have to get them in the tent before we can preach 'em the gospel.
P. Clodius Secundus (Randi Richert), Legio III Cyrenaica
"Caesar\'s Conquerors"

Messages In This Thread
Hollywood ahistorical films - by Paullus Scipio - 03-23-2008, 09:05 PM
Worst films...etc - by Paullus Scipio - 03-27-2008, 10:38 PM
10 most inaccurate movies... - by Paullus Scipio - 04-23-2008, 09:39 PM
Re: "10 Most Historically Inaccurate Movies" - Yahoo! - by P. Clodius Secundus - 04-24-2008, 07:24 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ten Most Historically Inaccurate Movies D B Campbell 41 5,610 08-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Nearco
  Yahoo speaks out...?? Arthes 1 870 03-31-2007, 11:35 AM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar
  Yahoo Romans richsc 7 1,589 03-19-2007, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Caballo