Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help on Roman army/government positions to name my team
Salve! Please forgive me if this is the wrong topic but since it deals with the Roman civ, I think it's the right place. I work for a video game company and I'm leading a team that will watch over and work with offsite companies on outsourced projects. Currently the name of the team is "The Offsite/Oversight Team". That is what we do, but I don't like the name.

This is where you guys come in. Are there any Roman army or government positions that I can name me/my team that sound a lot better then Offsite/Oversight? There had to be positions held in Rome that watched over what people did in other provinces or oversaw other projects or other whatevers, you get the point. Ideally I'd like to be called "___" leading the "____" team, or I'd go with "QA Lead of ____ " in my email signatures.

If there are no Roman names you can think of, I'm open to any other suggestions. Thanks for the help!
-= Joe "Valerius" Pagliuca III =-
Basically<, the generic title for 'charge' (asd in 'to have charge of') is 'cura', hence the person in charge of X is the 'curator X(genitive)'.

The position of command or control (not only, but also over 'outsiders') in the later Empire could be described as 'praepositus'. Thus 'praepositus of the...(persons)'
Der Kessel ist voll Bärks!

Volker Bach
Yes, but who supervises the supervisors? :wink:
Sorry, couldn't resist it.
Lochinvar/Ewan Carmichael
Magisterium ex Machinum......You are the beauracracy that runs the machine.
Angus Finnigan

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Titles, positions, and duties Lothia 2 1,040 08-26-2009, 02:28 AM
Last Post: Lothia