Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLRE for sale
Hello all.

Due to a recent cock-up, I've got a copy of 'The Prosopography of the Later Roman Empire, Vol: 3A (Abandanes - Iyad ibn Ghanm) AD 527-641' for sale if anyone is interested.

Offers over GBP 45 will be considered. As a guide, I believe it sells for between GBP 100 and 200 in the UK. I've just been on Amazon.com and found it at over $400! I don't think that the exchange rate is $8 to the GBP!!

It appears to be brand new, but does not have a dust-cover.

Anyone interested?
Ian (Sonic) Hughes
"I have described nothing but what I saw myself, or learned from others" - Thucydides, Peloponnesian War
"I have just jazzed mine up a little" - Spike Milligan, World War II
Quote:I've just been on Amazon.com and found it at over $400! I don't think that the exchange rate is $8 to the GBP!!

Although this referred to the set of 3a and 3b I think, I agree your offer is still very good!
Too bad I have too many 'irons in the fire' at the moment... Cry
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:
sonic:2clkkyal Wrote:I've just been on Amazon.com and found it at over $400! I don't think that the exchange rate is $8 to the GBP!!

Although this referred to the set of 3a and 3b I think, I agree your offer is still very good!

I'm not sure: when I first looked I thought so too, but ...
PLRE I AND PLRE II are both single volumes, and they are both over $400 each!!

Anyway, even if that was the case, I don't think the exchange rate is $4 to the GBP!! :lol:
Ian (Sonic) Hughes
"I have described nothing but what I saw myself, or learned from others" - Thucydides, Peloponnesian War
Quote:I'm not sure: when I first looked I thought so too, but ...
PLRE I AND PLRE II are both single volumes, and they are both over $400 each!!
Is correct.
Vol1 and vol. 2 are (unfortunately) $400 and $445. Vol. 3 is a 2 vol. set at $476, and you are offering half of that set.

Quote:Anyway, even if that was the case, I don't think the exchange rate is $4 to the GBP!! :lol:
Is also correct. :wink:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
The book's been sold!
Ian (Sonic) Hughes
Second chance! Smile

The Prosopography of the Later Roman Empire: Complete set, compiled by A H M Jones and J R Martindale.
List Price: GBP 760.00 * Our Price: GBP 150.00 *

Link provided by Oxbow: [url:25f5tzsc]http://www.oxbowbooks.com/bookinfo.cfm?ID=84324&MID=15702[/url]

This one works better: www.oxbowbooks.com/bookinfo.cfm/ID/84324
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
Is the second chance still available?
John Baker

Justice is the constant and perpetual wish to render to every one his due.
- Institutes, bk. I, ch. I, para. I
Quote:Is the second change still available?

It depends what you mean: are you after PLRE IIA or the full set? Oxbow no longer have the full set on offer, but I may be open to offers for PLRE IIIA.
Ian (Sonic) Hughes
Drat, I was hoping for the full set. But I am making an inquiry about any and all of them. Thanks in advance for the info.
John Baker

Justice is the constant and perpetual wish to render to every one his due.
- Institutes, bk. I, ch. I, para. I
Tharts still $300.......so the previous was on sale for between $200 - $400
i.e. £100 - £200.......

I wonder why the varience.....it would seem possible £100($200) for one volumn £200($400) for both?

Quite simple maths...even for me! :wink:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel