Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newcastle (Pons Aelius) Bridge, Vallum and Fort (info needed
Quote:
Pons Aelius:35m9evxg Wrote:hello guys

sorry for the very overdue reply i have a very interesting book on the Fort by the Society of Antiquaties which was published in 2002

i also have several photos of archaeological evidence form the site.

Does anyone know how to get in contact with the Bloke off Ancient Vine because there are quite a few amendments that need doing to his depiction Of the Vicus of Pons Aelius, which i have found out about

Its very good to know you have had access to some new evidence for the site.

While Steve has done the depiction, the article has been written by me with the little evidence I had at the time and a healthy dose of speculation also. I would love to get in touch with you regarding any new information you may have, and I can edit the article accordingly.

Best Wishes,
Yuri

Hello Yuri, i have a really detailed book on the exavations of the roman fort that have been carried out since 1929-2002 and i also have quite alot of evidence on the vicus(town) of Pons Aelius.

what i could do is either condense the info from the book or you can send me a long list of questions on the fort and town which you do not know much about and i will answer each one in detail for you which will help you to update the article and
3D model.

I am from Newcastle and am an Archaeology and Ancient History student and therefore i have access to rather a lot of information and can also visit the local 3 museum where all the Roman Archaeology is kept. I am most weilling to help you out because i think Newcastles Roman History is not tha twell known and needs a bit of an exposey and a bit more information on the net which is readilly available for people who are interested in it. i would suggest that you buy two really helpfull books or i will just read my copies of them and provide you with the knowledge.

All the Best Jonathan=AKATongueons Aelius.
Pons Aelius=Mr Jonathan Auty

Messages In This Thread
Newcastle Roman Fort (again) - by D B Campbell - 06-27-2008, 05:15 PM
Newcastle fort - by D B Campbell - 07-07-2008, 07:25 PM
Re: Newcastle fort - by MARCVS PETRONIVS MAIVS - 07-08-2008, 02:44 PM
Re: Newcastle (Pons Aelius) Bridge, Vallum and Fort (info needed - by Pons Aelius - 04-11-2010, 05:53 PM
Re: Newcastle Roman Fort (again) - by Pons Aelius - 04-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Re: Newcastle Roman Fort (again) - by Pons Aelius - 04-12-2010, 01:08 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hadrian\'s Wall "vallum" D B Campbell 17 3,116 01-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Last Post: D B Campbell
  Roman coffin from Newcastle brennivs - tony drake 1 1,262 08-15-2008, 12:06 PM
Last Post: le Cavalier Invisible
  Legio XXI Rapax, info needed Sardaukar 3 2,796 08-08-2007, 11:50 AM
Last Post: D B Campbell