Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oregon and Washington Romans - Ft. Stevens encampment
It appears that you had perfect weather. Was it hot on the coast too? How many showed up?
Iulia Sempronia (Sara Urdahl)
Officium ante Proprium Bonum
Quote:It appears that you had perfect weather. Was it hot on the coast too? How many showed up?

It was HOT Saturday, around 85-90. For an area that usually averages between 65-70 during the summer, the weather really broke records here. The fog rolled in off the ocean Saturday night along with the wind so it got cold during the night. Sunday was nice tho.

We only have four members so far, but several visitors to the park expressed an interest in joining our group.

On Saturday a friend of mine called the local paper and told them about our event. I was contacted by a reporter from the paper this morning for an interview, and photos. It was just a year ago this month that a couple of us got the idea to start the group, and now the local paper wants to do a story about us. Great start! Big Grin

My wife came out and took lots of pictures, so i'll get some posted soon.

Maius/Bill
Marcus Petronius Maius
LEG XIIII GEMINA COH VI
Congrats on the event guys! Hopefully you will soon have a growth in membership!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Thanks Byron, it looks like were off to a good start!

One day we hope to have a unit as impressive as the group you belong to.

Maius/Bill
Marcus Petronius Maius
LEG XIIII GEMINA COH VI

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Historic Fort Stevens IV arklore70 4 1,516 09-24-2009, 03:02 AM
Last Post: arklore70
  May 23-24 & Jun 27-28 in Oregon Renius 1 809 05-05-2009, 08:55 PM
Last Post: maius
  July Ft. Stevens event maius 0 894 07-13-2008, 01:22 AM
Last Post: maius