Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reenactors west coast USA
I have seen the ermine street guard in numerous documentaries and I am aware that they have a very good reputation for authenticity. My problem is there is no reenactment groups near me and in terms of overseas trip I would like to incorporate seeing reenactment display as part of a larger holiday ( in this case to the USA ).

I realise this is a loaded question but in terms of reenactment groups located in the western united states which one(s) have the best reputations for authenticity and perhaps offer a certain degree of hands on display's for the public.

I don't want to start any p###ing war but obviously some groups have better reputations than others. Thanks
Greg Eyles
Check out Legio VI Victrix in Los Angeles:

http://www.legionsix.org/

When are you coming to the States? We'd be happy to invite you to any events that are going on at the time.
L. Cornelius Scaeva (Jim Miller)
Legio VI VPF

"[The Romans understood] it is not walls that protect men but men that protect walls" - Strabo
Quote:Check out Legio VI Victrix in Los Angeles:

http://www.legionsix.org/

When are you coming to the States? We'd be happy to invite you to any events that are going on at the time.

Thanks for the link and the invitation. It may still be a little while until I get over your way but I would love to take you up on your offer.
Greg Eyles
Ave Amici,

I live in the Perth Hills and am a member of Legio VI Victrix in LA. I've had the pleasure and honour of joining the Legion in events over the past 2 years.

They are truly one of the most deditated Roman Re-enactment groups around, and their passion for authenticity is without question.

I also found these dedicated folks always willing to assist and share their wealth of information and experience. My first 12 months from joining the group was basically communicating by emails

I had planned to set up my Command tent at the recent Perth Medieval Fayre, which unfortunately got rained, (flooded) out)

Titus Titinius Geminus/ Tom

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Re-Enactors on West Coast of Canada d.carmichael 0 583 07-08-2013, 02:21 AM
Last Post: d.carmichael