Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did you choose your RAT-name ???
Hi everybody,

... as the titel says, I'd really like to know why did you choose your RAT-names and what do they mean. If you have a Roman / Greek / Barbarian name, is there a historic individual behind? Or all the other non-muggle names? I think there must be sometimes interesting stories behind. So please share with us Big Grin

To make an beginning, I'll start with myself.

Tiberius Clodius Corvinus: there's no historic counterpart, AFAIK Sad D

... so what about you?

(sorry for being extraordinary nosey :oops: )
[size=85:2j3qgc52]- Carsten -[/size]
I have never felt any need to pick up another name - my real name is just fine and I have nothing to hide, I think. (My friends sometimes call me the rambambashi, a name without any deeper meaning, which I took for my blog.)
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
I'm a scouser and my name's Jimmy:

[Image: jimmytarbuck_web.jpg]

Most Brits'll get it.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Salve,

In our group (RMRS) we are given our ancient names from the tombstones of the soldiers originally in the units we represent. That way you get a real identity and a link with the past, as most of the tombstones contain at least some biographical info, and if you are lucky also a carving. Also, as you do get attached to the name and the identity of the original soldier, it provides an impetus to discover more about your surrogate personality.

Vale,

Celer.
Marcus Antonius Celer/Julian Dendy.
Quote:I'm a scouser and my name's Jimmy:

Most Brits'll get it.

I actually harboured suspicions you were the person in question!! :roll: :lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Despite picking a Goddess I don't have an ego problem, honest Big Grin

Using limited resources on the net I went with her as she seems to be overlooked and was the Goddess of death, corpses and other cheery stuff.
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
Quote:
Tarbicus:67u7uusm Wrote:I'm a scouser and my name's Jimmy:

Most Brits'll get it.

I actually harboured suspicions you were the person in question!! :roll: :lol:

At the very least he's in denial about his age.. 1 year old? Big Grin
Kat x

Celer, I actually have never found a tombstone with my RMRS given name.

I chose my RAT name because : -

A. - I am exceptionally creative and just happened to make up a name that really existed and belonged to the greatest Roman who ever lived.

B. - I have delusions of grandeur, personality disorders, and really believe I am Gaius Julius Caesar.

C. - I am a fan of the person in question and chose the name as a reflection of my personal opinion and interest in this intriguing figure from history, who accomplished many things in his time before his untimely passing.

8)
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
LOL. he was 77 not so long ago, wonder where he found the youth elixir?
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
:lol: Well Byron we can't all be mere minions can we?
Kat x

My real name is ancient enough.

My user name honors the men at arms who defended western civilization at its infancy.

It goes with my belief "Push, push shove! In the end it will go down and you can skewer it with the savrotir" :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Best regards
The female version of Paterfamilias, I hold absolute power of life and death in our house- well kind of.....choice of bathroom suite or whats for tea is the real extent of my power!

kind thoughts
Materfamillias
Deborah Glennie
Member of the Vicus [url:jwqvknmp]http://www.vicus.org.uk/[/url]

[Image: S5000909.jpg]
Just found a Libitina on another message board I use. How dare she :evil: Big Grin
Kat x

Mine's left over from a long long time ago (in net years) -- anyone remember Ancient Sites (before its current reincarnation as Ancient Worlds)? I just made up "Danno" as something I could decline like "Cicero," and "Ulpius" was one of the smallest Roman families on the site at the time. I've been considering just making the switch to my own name for a while now...
Dan Diffendale
Ph.D. candidate, University of Michigan
I have chosen Taira1180 because the taira were an ancient clan in Japan, who lost a struggle against the minamoto (they also appear in a epic book, the Heike monogatari). 1180 is the year when they started the war who saw their demize.