Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mini-Art Spartan Build Log
Worked some more on the model.

Important is to use putty for a lot of the seams, as well as proper shading.
Did a little on the face, not ready yet to go in the helmet but coming along nicely.

The shield rope is installed and the inside of the shield will be finished tomorrow, including the arm hopefully. It adds to realism I think.

What composition I will use I dont know yet, I am experimenting with keeping the sword inside the scabbard and giving him a six foot spear. He will get a cape also. Shield emblem might be the Lambda, but I am looking at several other possibilities from some research which has been done to other emblems. His arms will also get a Chiton top part but I am looking into that. The colour of his Chiton at the moment is Purpur red since I find Crimson far too flashy (the inside of the shield is crimson). Some damage of the shield is visible, but not finished on that either. He will also get long hair coming from underneath his helmet.

Here are some more images :

[Image: SAM_1578.jpg]

[Image: SAM_1579.jpg]

[Image: SAM_1577.jpg]

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Decided to change the bronze paint from Revell I used for the equipment to
a DIY store gold paint which actually looks metal.

Much better I think.

[Image: SAM_1632.jpg]

[Image: SAM_1635.jpg]

[Image: SAM_1636.jpg]

[Image: SAM_1637.jpg]

[Image: SAM_1639.jpg]

[Image: SAM_1649.jpg]

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Good looking. For metal spray (from theatre set experience) the one labeled "brass" looks more like gold than the one labeled "gold". The latter seems to be more brown than the former. But that is some good looking model work in progress. Kudos!
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
I agree...looks great. Really would like to start modeling miniatures myself once I have the time/space. Great inspiration!
Alexander
This is looking really good, nicely done!

A few months ago I bought the Athenian Hoplite but haven't touched it yet, cause I can barely paint small figures in an acceptable way :mrgreen: It was cheap, so decided to stock it for later.

Looking forward to see how this progresses and learn!
André
looks awesome!. Keep those pictures coming. Cant wait for the finished product.