Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visiting Prague - what to see?
Hi Folks,

There's a chance I might be in Prague for a few days in Nov. Does anyone have any suggestions of things to see, esp. in terms of museums or sights. Also good places to dine would be appreciated too! Big Grin

Thanks!

Lucianus
L.E. Pearson
Quote:Also good places to dine would be appreciated too! Big Grin

It's difficult to go wrong for good food in Prague. Formerly known as Bazaar, now known as Cowboys but don't be put off by the new name :wink: On the castle side of the river, you have to go a fair bit uphill, then when you get there there's a hefty climb up winding steps. But the views are great, and the food was fantastic with incredibly friendly and professional staff. It became a favourite of a film crew I worked with, and they were very discerning foodies.
http://www.centralprague.com/restaurant ... ys-bazaar/

In the centre of town, don't be put off by the raucous bars. Many have splendid restaurants in the cellar with very high quality surroundings and food, and the noise doesn't travel downstairs. Do take a peek inside, or check the windows for menus which in themselves should give you an idea.

Tip: After you've crossed the river, keep an eye on the pint-sized pickpockets until you're out of the bottleneck :wink:
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Tarbicus,

Thanks for all that info! Hopefully this trip will actually come off, keep your fingers crossed. :wink: Also thanks for the heads up about the pickpockets, i'll keep my eyes peeled.

Cheers,

lucianus
L.E. Pearson
Hi,

Well unfortunately I can't help you with food in Prague. Regarding the museums, look here for inspiration. I would surely recommend the Prague Castle complex and especially the St. Vitus cathedral.

However, if you would have some more time to travel a little bit, I can certainly recommend you visiting Mikulov (in South Moravia) and the local Regional museum (unfortunately the link is only in Czech language, but look here for some info). There's an exposition about Romans and Germans in South Moravia. You can see interesting artefacts from the Roman fort Mušov from the time of Marcomannic wars there (including for example this decorated breastplate). :wink:

Greetings
Alexandr
One of the sisters went there on a school trip a few years back..apparently they visited a concentration camp there,which was quite eerie.Not sure of the name off the top of my head!
Out of sight of subject shores, we kept even our eyes free from the defilement of tyranny. We, the most distant dwellers upon earth, the last of the free, have been shielded till today by our very remoteness and by the obscurity in which it has shrouded our name.
Calgacus The Swordsman, Mons Grapius 84 AD.

Name:Michael Hayes