Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attack of the evil Grey Heads?
What happened to our scuta? These new grey heads are so....ominous. <p>Magnus/Matt<br>
Legio XXX "Ulpia Victrix" Coh I<br>
<br>
- Let it be known, that I have 1248 posts to date, but because the techies at Ezboard are incompetent, they no longer show up.</p><i></i>
I never thought I'd hear you complain about getting a little head. <p></p><i></i>
The scuta were looking old and tiresome. If you must have scuta I suppose I can come up with something fresh along those lines.<br>
<br>
I picked the head of a praetorian (from the Great Traianic Frieze), which is now held in the Pergamonmuseum in Berlin. Seeing as the legions get all the honors isn't it time we gave the Guard their due?<br>
<br>
Cheers<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Dude, if I am getting head from someone that looks like "evil grey head", please shoot me. <p>Magnus/Matt<br>
<br>
- Let it be known, that I have 1248 posts to date, but because the techies at Ezboard are incompetent, they no longer show up.</p><i></i>
<p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Jenny, what about a Roman Standard...maybe an eagle or generic vexillum? <p>Magnus/Matt<br>
<br>
If you send me something hi-res that I can work with in a graphics program, I'll play with it and see.<br>
<br>
I admit the head is a bit spooky with no neck, but note we have grey marble sculpture in our venerable banner.<br>
<br>
Which also needs freshening... hmm...<br>
<br>
Cheers<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
What?! change the banner? that's the whole reason I keep coming to this site!<br>
<br>
( the corollary would be: change the banner and I'd lose interest and go away-yeah right!) <p></p><i></i>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Latin.. way of life? or necessary evil? Anonymous 0 926 10-28-2003, 01:46 AM
Last Post: Anonymous
  Hitler: Rise of Evil - miniseries Anonymous 1 1,064 10-16-2003, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Anonymous
  the evil William of Orange Jeroen Pelgrom 3 1,544 07-11-2003, 02:27 PM
Last Post: richsc