Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for reenactment groups in the Washington/Oregon area
I'm getting into the reenactment scene and would like to find groups in my area. Is there any good place to look?
Titus Equitus Cornicus
aka Morgan Plunkett

"Aut vincere aut mori" --- Either conquer or die
Legio IX Hispana!
Hibernicus

LEGIO IX HISPANA, USA

You cannot dig ditches in a toga!

[url:194jujcw]http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org[/url]
A nationwide club with chapters across N America
Hi Morgan, welcome to RAT! Smile

Where in Washington do you live? I started a group about a year ago with members in both Washington and Oregon.

We're doing the XIIII Legion, 60 A.D. Britian. There are six of us so far and we plan on doing encampments at Ft. Stevens State Park in Oregon this summer.

We are just starting out and are always looking for new members. Contact me if this sounds like what your looking for.

Maius/Bill
Marcus Petronius Maius
LEG XIIII GEMINA COH VI
I think I talked to you at Egils. Im in the Seattle area. When will your first event be.
Titus Equitus Cornicus
aka Morgan Plunkett

"Aut vincere aut mori" --- Either conquer or die
Quote:I think I talked to you at Egils. Im in the Seattle area.

Ave! I'm about 140 miles east in Wenatchee. I've an amicus in Moses Lake who reenacts Roman as well (we link up at SCA events). I'm excited to expand the network of Romans in the NW. Welcome!
Iulia Sempronia (Sara Urdahl)
Officium ante Proprium Bonum
Well you also have the second legion to choose from but looks like we will all be getting together in one big umbrella organization very soon! Look out for more info! You can also PM me if you like. We and the 14th will be doing Ft Stevens as Bill is a board member there. Exciting stuff for some of us who have been doing it with very small numbers here for 13 or so years.

Dean
I was at Egil's too. The guy in the mail and marching pack. Remind me again what we talked about? We met so many people, I can't remember what we talked about with whom. All the beer didn't help Big Grin
---AH Mervla, aka Joel Boynton
Legio XIIII, Gemina Martia Victrix
Morgan I do remember talking with you at Egils, just didn't make the connection.

I'm in the process of scheduing events at Ft. Stevens now and will let you know when dates are set. I'm looking at the end of June for our first event.

Ft. Stevens is an old Coast Artillery fort at the mouth of the Columbia River near Astoria, dating from the Civil War thru WWII. It is now a state park with large amounts of visitors during the summer months.

Ft. Stevens has a long history of hosting reenactment groups, Civil War, WWII, etc. We will be the first Romans to set up there.

I'm also a board member at the historical area and have worked there for the past 8 years. My goal is to introduce Roman reenacting to Ft. Stevens and one day, hope to invite groups from California and elsewhere to participate in a large encampment.

I'm looking forward to you joining with us, I'll keep you posted on the dates we will be there.

Maius/Bill
Marcus Petronius Maius
LEG XIIII GEMINA COH VI
Morgan. glad to see you posting on RAT. Like Joel I'm having a little trouble remembering things from Egil's due to the free flowing beer. I remember talking to 3 people who were interested in Roman re-enacting but don't remember who said they were from the Seattle area.
It does look like we all have a good opportunity in the NW to get ourselves on the Roman map in a much bigger way than previously seen. I do hope that you are able to join us and make it to some events.
Renius/Greg German
Legio VI FFC
Julilla is a great connection. A neat lady and pinacle of Romanity.

Also check out Dean Cunningham in Portland. Legio II Avg there has a respectable history, and Dean is a really neat guy.

-M
Michael Sweet, Ph.D.
Viking Invasion [url:31zephj0]http://www.vikinginvasion.org[/url]
Quote:Julilla is a great connection. A neat lady and pinacle of Romanity.

-M

:oops: :oops: :oops: Gratias, my son! Your allowance has just been doubled.
Iulia Sempronia (Sara Urdahl)
Officium ante Proprium Bonum
I am also looking for a group in Washington. I will be moving to the Yakima area in mid-June. I found a few people to contact by searching the RAT boards, without much success (perhaps the contact information was out of date).

Unfortunately, I have been unable to figure out how to pm RAT members, so if you are part of a group in WA and can provide me with contact information I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Ligustinus

(Matt)
Matt W
Hi Matt, welcome to RAT!

I sent you a PM about our event at Ft. Stevens State Park, June 28-29th.
Your welcome to join with us if you would like, contact me for more information.

We portray Legio XIIII, mid 1st century Britian.

Again welcome.

Maius/Bill
Marcus Petronius Maius
LEG XIIII GEMINA COH VI
Great...another Matt on RAT! :wink:

Welcome to the forum guys.

Legion: TBD
Thanks, Magnus/Matt.

Bill, I sent you a PM. As I mentioned in my last post, I had a hard time figuring out how to pm (I think it being the wee hours may have had some effect, there). Turns out there is this little icon at the end of each message that says, "pm." Who knew? :oops: :oops:

Matt
Matt W

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  are there any celtic or germanic groups in oregon/washington caius matinius mattius 14 4,976 08-08-2017, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Flavivs Aetivs
  Any reenactment groups in washington state? Parthian Ronal 3 3,094 09-05-2011, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Quintus Claudius Scaevola
  Reenactment groups link section Praefectusclassis 57 11,801 12-14-2008, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Cornelius Primus