Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find It Fulham Scabbard Re-Fit - Work In Progress
Quote:It's a very good looking work!! Bravo!

But... I think were better in that kind of sword to use a complete frame with side guttering. I think there are one sword with the bottom palmettes and side guttering, so why don't try to put a side gutters and over the chape and the mouth. I think in that way will be even more beauty, and more historical accurate.

AFAIK, there are two Mainz type swords, featuring scabbards with this design on the bottom - the Porto Novo gladius from Corsica and the Rajkova-Mogila gladius from Bulgaria (plus one Pompeii type gladius from...Pompeii). Both Mainz type scabbards feature the ending piece that Barry so masterfully recreated, a palmette above it, side guttering, and metal plates covering the front of the scabbard.
M. CVRIVS ALEXANDER
(Alexander Kyrychenko)
LEG XI CPF

quando omni flunkus, mortati

Messages In This Thread
Re: Find It Fulham Scabbard Re-Fit - Work In Progress - by M. CVRIVS ALEXANDER - 06-12-2008, 01:34 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1st Century Roman Fulham Gladius Sword and Scabbard Pointer 4 1,770 07-13-2018, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Pointer
  Creating a Fulham Scabbard With Reprousse~ Plates Pointer 5 2,282 09-14-2017, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Pointer
  Pompeii Gladius and Scabbard - Work in Progress sulla felix 71 12,707 03-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Robert