Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Euro 2008
Quote:
Libitina:3c6czhq5 Wrote:
Quote:Just support Greece, you know it makes sense! :wink:

:lol: I've got the go ahead to support Greece as they are one of the teams hubs got in a draw. If they win we'll be £20 richer lol

Hmmm, last time I supported them from the start, and they won! Now, If I had only bet a tenner then..... :roll:
Unfortunately, the have already lost their first game to Sweden.... Sad

Oh dear Sad D )
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
Well, it appears that Italy has their work cut out for them. They would have to win both the next games to assure themselves a position. At this point I am not too optimistic.

As mentioned earlier, the Dutch played a great game and yes Van Basten (one of my favorite all time players) was vindicated since many have critisized him.
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo
Quote:Peroni,

I am Italian, and I must say that their performance was horrendous; something that generally people are not accustomed to seeing. I began to wonder what sort of team was on the pitch.

Sorry Doc but it looked like an old,uninspired team who had just surpassed their limit.I mean only two guys were under 30 and Pirlo(i think)is 29.Still this will hurt and theres nothing more dangerous than an italian side with a point to prove!!
Out of sight of subject shores, we kept even our eyes free from the defilement of tyranny. We, the most distant dwellers upon earth, the last of the free, have been shielded till today by our very remoteness and by the obscurity in which it has shrouded our name.
Calgacus The Swordsman, Mons Grapius 84 AD.

Name:Michael Hayes
Well, we have win against Turkey, but let see how we manage against the Czech.
Quote:Well, we have win against Turkey, but let see how we manage against the Czech.
Not bad, I'd say... I was having dinner with my sister in a Japanese restaurant; across the street was a Portuguese restaurant, which was crowded with people, and we could hear them shouting enthusiastically. And every time a goal had been made, we saw the owner going round, giving a free drink to everyone. I almost would have said that I was in the wrong restaurant, but my sister had something important to tell about her children, which is of course more important than football (or free drinks).

(Right now, I'm home and can hear the Turks in the city going mad for their 1-2 victory.)
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Of course me supporting the Dutch is like me rooting for England's rugby team. The kiss of death. :oops:
Jon R.
There are no real truths, just stories. (Zuni)
Quote:
Gaius Julius Caesar:qfhfc8kd Wrote:Unfortunately, the have already lost their first game to Sweden.... Sad

... they should have engaged some hoplites and lined up in phalanx. ;-) )

Have you seen the game? It looked exactly like that's what they were trying to do....
RESTITVTOR LIBERTATIS ET ROMANAE RELIGIONIS

DEDITICIVS MINERVAE ET MVSARVM

[Micha F.]
Fabiano,

I see no real problem for Portugal. They are playing excellent soccer.

Although, in the first game I was impressed how the defence kept Ronaldo at bay. But as usual, if a good striker has excellnet defenders marking him, then it becomes difficult to do anything with the ball. But the good striker also occupies those good defenders leaving others open for a chance.

Na Saighdiuir,

You took the words right out of my mouth. And yes, an Italy on the brink of elimination could be verrrrry dangerous.
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo
Well, it was a good game indeed. But the news that the Scolari will go to the Chelsea, was depressive. He build the team, and i doubt that after he leave, we will be able to do anything. Unless Mourinho cames to train the team of course. 8)
Quote:an Italy on the brink of elimination could be verrrrry dangerous.
I am probably the only Dutchman who is not convinced that his team played a very good match; I think it was less a Dutch victory than an Italian defeat. The Italian team was too old (average age over 32 years!), and perhaps Mr Berlusconi was right when he said that in the Italian competition, too many foreigners are playing, which makes it very difficult to create a national team, as all those players come from all over Europe. I am not optimistic about Italy's chances - which is hard to admit for an A.S. Roma fan like me.

Still, let's see what happens Friday. If Italy beats Rumania and France beats Holland, which is by no means excluded, nothing has been settled in Group C.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
I'm lucky in a way- no real vested interest in anyone winning and friends all over Europe so I'm pleased when anyone wins LOL Of course unfortunately that also means I'm disappointed when others lose too. But overall it means I can just thoroughly enjoy well-played games Big Grin
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!
Quote:
Tiberius Clodius Corvinus:3h2b7v5o Wrote:
Gaius Julius Caesar:3h2b7v5o Wrote:Unfortunately, the have already lost their first game to Sweden.... Sad

... they should have engaged some hoplites and lined up in phalanx. ;-) )

Have you seen the game? It looked exactly like that's what they were trying to do....

yeah, unfortunately I did Smile roll: Cry
[size=85:2j3qgc52]- Carsten -[/size]
Congratulations to our Dutch colleagues on their team's comprehensive dismantling of the French! Smile
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
Lets hear it for Arjen Robben!!!! Big Grin
Jon R.
There are no real truths, just stories. (Zuni)
Quote:Congratulations to our Dutch colleagues on their team's comprehensive dismantling of the French! Smile

my congrats as well, think we have seen the most possible Euro winner

Duncan ... looking at the time, did you write this the same second, the game was over? ;-) )
[size=85:2j3qgc52]- Carsten -[/size]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Euro-English spyros 11 2,165 11-26-2006, 03:00 AM
Last Post: FAVENTIANVS