Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Workshop for Cornu, Tuba, Carnyx etc.
Our cornicen, Hagen Pätzold, studied trumpeter, diploma on historical brass-instruments and master-trumpeter is going ot give a workshop.

As we have been requested for this many times, especially from all the nice cornicen and tubicen (and a celtic carnyx-player) around the world,
I announce it therefore here now.

Time: 07. - 09. November 2008
Workshop for ancient Brass-Instruments, f.e. Cornu and Tuba
Place: Freilichtmuseum Schwerin-Mueß, Schwerin (Germany)
Homepage: www.pipen-un-lyren.de (in German)

Its a workshop weekend for traditionell music and teachers come from Austria, Germany, Estonia, France, Germany a.s.o.
There are workshops in: various Bagpipe, Harp, Violin, Percussion, historical dance and ancient brass-instruments.

The hostel and meals are very cheap and good and in the evenings there will be concerts, parties and sessions with historical instruments.

Any questions are welcome to me via PN. :wink: :mrgreen:
Susanna

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.musica-romana.de">www.musica-romana.de

A Lyra is basically an instrument to accompaign pyromanic city destruction.
I wish I could join you for the workshop, but budget and other commitments always seem to intrude. My original interest in American Civil War instruments led me to collect Roman horns when I joined that reenactment community as well. Since then I have begun adding reproductions of other odd musical instruments. Everything from ebony bones to a Prince-of-Pless hunting horn. The only one's I can play, if you can call what I do playing, are the bugles, cornus, and other valveless brasses. I fear that I will always be better at building and repairing them. Thus far I have built a tuba and cornu and I have plans to build a carnyx. I am in the process of rebuilding my two rope-tension snare drums. One of my Civil War comrades has promised to teach me how to make a four-string cigar-box banjo. The Civil War items have become a very useful teaching tools when I give living history lectures to the local schools. It is much easier to get approval to bring in a bugle than a musket even though I can probably do more damage with the former.
P. Clodius Secundus (Randi Richert), Legio III Cyrenaica
"Caesar\'s Conquerors"
The flight with air-canada is already around 500,- bugs from Bouston I guess.

Gosh, though we would really like to have you here...tell you something...
if you really like to come we offer you the meals for free. ;-) )
Susanna

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.musica-romana.de">www.musica-romana.de

A Lyra is basically an instrument to accompaign pyromanic city destruction.
Susanna,
Thank you for the offer. I was stationed in Erlangen for two years a couple of lifetimes ago, and the food is just one of the many things I miss. (beer being #1 naturally) I had been planning to go to the Roman Festival in Svishtov, Bulgaria this week but there were problems with the reservations. To justify renewing my passport I may have to reconsider joining you for the music festival. Perhaps I can convince my wife to join me for a long weekend since the week after is our anniversary. She's not much of a traveller though. In any case, I would be interested in comparing "notes" with your musicians and horn makers. My musical studies and tinkerings have been neglected lately in favor of other projects, but I have been working on my Cornicien's kit since that has become my primary Roman impression.
Regards,
P. Clodius Secundus (Randi Richert), Legio III Cyrenaica
"Caesar\'s Conquerors"