Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Translation of "nuts"
Quote:... it''s not all Coleus?
Coleus: "any of several tropical Asian or African plants belonging to the genus Coleus, of the mint family, certain species of which are cultivated for their showy, colored foliage and blue flowers." Aw, nuts! :wink:
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
Nope. Coleus does not produce nuts. Sorry. Just fancy, multi-variegated leaves. Nice plants, but they don't do well in Texas full sun.

Also, it's not all colitis, either. Sometimes it's just bad food or soapy dishes.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Well, according to the book with all sorts of nifty latin phrases which I perloined the word from, it means what it is supposed to mean.....quite possibly used in a different sense....?
I do believe it is close to the sense of the term here , if not correct in the actual translation. In this lofty tome, it is supposed to mean a word starting with a 'b' and ending in 'ks', and is more popular in the English-English usage, rather than in all English speaking countries.....had the General i nquestion been British, he would have used the word Coleus is used for, rather than 'NUTS', but the same gist.

(but then, people will put anything into print to make a fast buck these days...) :wink:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This is just NUTS! - watch until the end of the clip! Peroni 7 1,626 01-25-2009, 01:20 PM
Last Post: M. Demetrius
  "NUTS" for Jona Primvs Pavlvs 2 1,555 01-14-2009, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar