Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAT conference MAINZ 2008
I would favor Bad Kreuznach or the two museums in Mainz. In Mainz we could go also to the Isis- und Magna Mater Heiligtum (Sanctuary of Isis and Magna Mater) which is in the basement of the mall "Römerpassage". Infos in German only you will find here:

http://www.isis-mainz.de/

At Wiesbaden they are still in the process of building the new city museum (Stadtmuseum) where the antiquities will be seen. I just checked it on the Internet.
Christian and Jona, can your lectures be taken as certain?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Yes.
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Quote:Christian and Jona, can your lectures be taken as certain?
Yes; it's on Alexander, from the new cuneiform sources. But I confess that part of it is already available in my book (and another part is not). If someone else prefers to speak, that's fine with me. I can also lecture on the Roman history of Mainz.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
The Roman history of Mainz could be a great introduction, why not?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Quote:The Roman history of Mainz could be a great introduction, why not?
OK.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
A question: is there any idea regarding the program of friday? Who will also be there on friday?

Jasper - any news regarding the hotel? Under which name will the room be booked?

thanks in advance.
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Hotel is the IBIS in Mainz. Rooms are booked under my Name.

*EDIT* n.b. that the keys must be fetched at the hotel BEFORE 19:00 , otherwise your reservation is forfeit. All rooms not occupied until 19:00 are billed nonetheless if not taken.
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Hi you all,

I'll be arriving by train a little after 1 pm on friday. Perhaps there should be a meeting point for all of us arriving? Or will everybody go the IBIS hotel directly?

Hans
Flandria me genuit, tenet nunc Roma
I'm really sorry to say that something has come for me - a partial re-write of a novel - which means that I cannot afford to lose the three days in Mainz. My publishers are jumping up and down, as time is very short now for getting the manuscript off to production.
Instead of meeting lots of you guys, touring great museums, listening to interesting lectures, and drinking some beer, I will be crouched before a computer screen for 12+ hours a day. I'm very sorry, and can only apologise about not being able to give a talk on Crassus, which I was really looking forward to. My 60 Euro deposit I would like to forfeit, even if it's not, and any spare part of it can be used to buy a few beers.
Hope to see you in 2009.
Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

Eagles in the Storm released in UK on March 23, 2017.
Aguilas en la tormenta saldra en 2017.

www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor
Facebook: facebook.com/benkanebooks
Hi Ben
Very sorry to hear that. Cry
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys