• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How very true....
Robbed blind either way...
:lol:
[Image: Evoluzionedellarapina.jpg]
whaha. LOL
ALA I BATAVORUM
:lol: so true!

Think I'll take the horses and carriage (bitter cos my car has died).
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
I was tempted to post that myself.... :lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Perspective

We're paying about $4.50 per gallon in The Peoples Republik of Kalifornia.... about $1.78 per litre

So, for my EU compatriots.... I'll stop grumbling.... so loudly

We had several of our members not attend our BIG event .. complaining about the cost of gas....

A local news station calculated the cost of a horse and buggy and it was less expensive to fed and maintain a horse than it was to operate a car... "X" numbers of miles per average commute, averaging "X" miles per gallon...

Hmmm.. how many Mopeds to haul a trailer full of gear?

Hibernicus
Hibernicus

LEGIO IX HISPANA, USA

You cannot dig ditches in a toga!

[url:194jujcw]http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org[/url]
A nationwide club with chapters across N America
But on the upside so far the price of chocolate is fairly stable...
Kat x

:lol: @ Libi! :roll:

£1.40 for a liter of diesel........£1.27 for a liter of gas/petrol..... Cry Cry Sad
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:But on the upside so far the price of chocolate is fairly stable...

Ah Kat, as always you cut to the heart of the matter.

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Quote:Robbed blind either way... :lol:
I had to smile about that cartoon, but there is one big difference: in 1851, we were just innocent victims; today, nobody -at least in the western world- is innocent. To focus on my own behavior: the other week, I went up and down to Istanbul, and although I did pay something called an Ecotax at the airport, it's not equal to the pollution I am responsible for.

The most cynical news of the past years was that the G8 has decided to stimulate the production of food, now that food prices are sky high. Since about ten years, life expectancy in SE Asia has been declining, because producing rice results in more methane in the atmosphere. The G8 decision essentially means that we kill our children to have food for ourselves. We're a generation of swine.

And speaking about food prices...

Quote:the price of chocolate is fairly stable...
Kat's joke is a good one, but unfortunately, it's untrue: in January 2002, one tonne of cacao did $1400; in October of that year, it was $2200, but in February 2003, prizes fell to $1550, a level that was kept (fluctuating between 1400 and 1700) until October 2006. Ever since, prices have been increasing; at the moment, it's $2900. The same can be said for other food prices: since 2002, they doubled.

[Sorry for this gloomy posting.]
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Jona,

You are as rigorous as you are honest.

You rain on Kat's parade (but she won't take offense)

The cost of Star Wars Action Figures rises yet again this year Cry

Talk about Carbon Footprint -- when oil runs out I will sell my Grand Army of the Republic Clone Troopers. Must be at least a barrel or two of oil content in those figures & vehicles alone...

Swine you say? Indeed, guilty as charged.

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Quote:Swine you say? Indeed, guilty as charged.
Perhaps that's the real problem: we know we're responsible - but we all point to someone else to start giving up his luxury...
Jona Lendering
My website
Anyway, I'm looking for a good quality estate or 4 x 4.......the new Audi RS8 V10 Twin-turbo sounds economical...... :roll: Sad alas, sweet exhaust note, our paths will never cross......oh sorry to be facitious here...
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
lol...pretty funny!

Legion: TBD
Quote:Kat's joke is a good one, but unfortunately, it's untrue: in January 2002, one tonne of cacao did $1400; in October of that year, it was $2200, but in February 2003, prizes fell to $1550, a level that was kept (fluctuating between 1400 and 1700) until October 2006. Ever since, prices have been increasing; at the moment, it's $2900.

Jona..

[Image: cry.gif]

You've made a grown woman cry....
Kat x

Quote:You've made a grown woman cry....
Not just women; I discovered the terrible truth when the chocolate shop around the corner (two corners, actually) had to close. Only two real chocolate shops left in all of Amsterdam.
Jona Lendering
My website