Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bonekickers go Roman
The BBC's spectacularly dire new drama 'Bonekickers' (think CSI meets Indiana Jones, then remove all the good bits) is taking on the Roman period next week. Our heroes will investigate some "Celtic caverns" discovered under the Bath baths, leading them to unfold the tragic story of forbidden love between Boudicca and Roman soldier Quintanus. The episode includes the line: "We're being pursued! By gas!"

It will either be hilariously dreadful, or just dreadful. Either way, I shall be there, watching in horrified fascination.
Carus Andiae - David Woodall

"The greatest military machine in the history of the universe..."
"What is - the Daleks?"
"No... the Romans!" - Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens
I thought it was juz wunderful my self.......Good looking girl, archaology....
what was missing? :? P
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I'm so glad someone else brought this up!

I've watched the first two episodes and it is SO fantastically bad that I might watch them all. Bad acting, bad script, bad storylines...

You've almost been killed by a nutter, found Jesus' cross, set the cross on fire, watched someone burn to death and how do you react? Laugh and go to the pub. Oh how British :lol:
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
Oh, I thought you were talking about a night at the pub there Libi..... Tongue
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I only watched the first one and thought it highly amusing but then this is only the first series. It could get better if it runs for a while but these days it seems that if something isn't an instant success it gets pulled.

I did manage to spot the amphora that we flogged them at TORM a while back Big Grin

I can't wait for the Roman episode, in the trailers they show a clip of them brushing away dirt from a mosaic. It looks very much like it's made of..........ceramic tiles!!!

Lawrence
Lawrence Payne

Asking me to tile your bathroom is like asking Vermeer to creosote your shed ;-)
[url:2kdj7ztq]http://www.romanmosaicworkshops.co.uk[/url]
www.romanmosaicworkshops.co.uk
www.romanmosaicpatterns.com
Quote:Oh, I thought you were talking about a night at the pub there Libi..... Tongue

Oh yeah, we're often running around setting crosses on fire out here.

People on a medieval board noticed in the first ep that in the crusade fight scenes one was beheaded with a sword without damaging his mail, that's pretty impressive.

Anyhoo.... off to finish my wickerman....
Kat x

Quote:
Gaius Julius Caesar:394ozkm9 Wrote:Oh, I thought you were talking about a night at the pub there Libi..... Tongue

Yeah, I figured.... :roll:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:
Libitina:syqisipr Wrote:
Gaius Julius Caesar:syqisipr Wrote:Oh, I thought you were talking about a night at the pub there Libi..... Tongue

Yeah, I figured.... :roll:

Oi! You keep rolling those eyes at me and you'll be getting an invite to check out my wickerman veeeery closely :twisted: :wink:
Kat x

Yeah..... right-o little girlie....... I'm just a shakin' in my boots.......:lol: :lol: :lol:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Yeah..... right-o little girlie....... I'm just a shakin' in my boots.......:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry Tongue
Kat x

Yeah ok. I guess I'll have to keep a look out for a wee witch with red hair munbling incantations and making strange guestures at me next time I'm down in England..... Tongue

or do you limit your self to sticking pins in efigies from afar? :lol: :wink:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Now, now, there's no need for agression on a military history forum...

Hmm... Maybe I'll have to re-think that one :?
Carus Andiae - David Woodall

"The greatest military machine in the history of the universe..."
"What is - the Daleks?"
"No... the Romans!" - Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens
Oi! Who you calling agressive...? Me agressive.....? :o shock:

Well, not where Libi is concerned anyway.....argggh damned, slipped up again! :x x x roll: :lol:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Yeah ok. I guess I'll have to keep a look out for a wee witch with red hair munbling incantations and making strange guestures at me next time I'm down in England..... Tongue

or do you limit your self to sticking pins in efigies from afar? :lol: :wink:

[Image: devils3.gif]

Sometimes pins are too good. I prefer to stick an effigy in a room with Westlife on repeat. Or to keep it topical, with an episode of Bonekickers on repeat.
Kat x

Can't see the pics for some reason , but you win......westlife on repeat = the worst hell can throw at me!! :lol:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel