Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Announcement: Museum of the Ancient Roman Soldier created
Avete, Fratres:

It is with great pleasure that I post here the following release, hot off the presses:

LOS ANGELES, CA – A noted author on Biblical history and private collector of ancient artifacts has joined forces with a Los Angeles-based nonprofit living history group to create a unique public exhibit, the Museum of the Ancient Roman Soldier (MARS), it was announced Saturday, July 12.

C. Foster Stanback of Irvine, CA, who has written several books on history and theology, has placed at the disposal of the Legion Six Historical Foundation his extensive personal collection of actual Roman military artifacts, including helmets, armor, weapons and camp tools, and has also made a substantial cash donation to the nonprofit group to fund the museum’s creation.

[Image: MARS.jpg]

From left: Dr. Lee Arik Greenberg, C. Foster Stanback, David S. Michaels.

“MARS represents a unique convergence of interests,â€
T. Flavius Crispus / David S. Michaels
Centurio Pilus Prior,
Legio VI VPF
CA, USA

"Oderint dum probent."
Tiberius
congratulations! I can imagine the 'a dream became true' statement. It surely must be that way.

Good luck with setting this up!
ALA I BATAVORUM
Congratulations.....now I know where to go when I get out to LA to visit my friends.......
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Greetings, Friends, Romans, Countrymen:
I share my friend, Dave's, joy in this announcement. Also, please peruse the text of our charter, copied here in its entirety.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]CHARTER OF THE MUSEUM OF THE ANCIENT ROMAN SOLDIER (“MARSâ€
AVLVS ARRIVS DIOGENES
L. Arik Greenberg, Ph.D.
Well done & best of luck!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
well damn...I'm all jealous now Tongue

Cool Beans, best of luck with it. Maybe someday I'll find my way out there.
Andy Volpe
"Build a time machine, it would make this [hobby] a lot easier."
https://www.facebook.com/LegionIIICyr/
Legion III Cyrenaica ~ New England U.S.
Higgins Armory Museum 1931-2013 (worked there 2001-2013)
(Collection moved to Worcester Art Museum)
Don't be jealous. Rejoice instead

I met Foster last weekend. He has a deep abiding passion matched by that of Arik and Dave.. a powerful combo.. Rome willl be well served by their efforts!

A Triumvurate!
Hibernicus

LEGIO IX HISPANA, USA

You cannot dig ditches in a toga!

[url:194jujcw]http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org[/url]
A nationwide club with chapters across N America
Very nice...great work guys!

Legion: TBD
Congratulations Gentlemen!

Big Grin D D

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Avete, fratres!

Thanks, everyone, for the words of congratulations. Yes, it is a dream come true!

But, as well as evangelizing ancient Rome, we intend for MARS to benefit everyone in the hobby of Roman reenactment, not just Legio VI. Here's how it will work.

When the MARS traveling exhibit is ready to roll (probably 6 months to a year from now), we will set up viewings at established museums, libraries and other public venues throughout the United States (probably focusing on the Western states, but not exclusively). Since the Living History component will be an important part of each exhibition, we will contact the nearest Roman reenactment group to the exhibit site and come up with a plan to have them provide the manpower for the Living History section.

We will supply a trailer load of equipment and camp gear, including leather tents, ballista, etc. The local legion will use their own legionary vexillum, signa, etc. will hopefully provide the personnel to man the living history component. We will also do a revenue split with the legion to provide compensation for their work, and they can use it as a vehicle for publicity and recruiting.

We welcome any ideas from the larger reenactment community as to how this plan can be made to work toward everyone's benefit.
T. Flavius Crispus / David S. Michaels
Centurio Pilus Prior,
Legio VI VPF
CA, USA

"Oderint dum probent."
Tiberius
Salve Crispus,

Congratulations on a supurb job!.

Vale,

Celer.
Marcus Antonius Celer/Julian Dendy.
Awesome, I've got to visit that museum sometime! Smile
King Arthur, High King of the Romano-British, and Restitutor Orbis
Ray
Congratulations and good luck!
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Big Grin Fantastic ..! Best wishes to all, and warm congratulations..!

Sextus Aurelius Propertius

Pcc eric-alexandre Poher

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman soldier’s ancient Masada payslip shows unfair wages go way back kavan 2 663 03-22-2021, 12:39 AM
Last Post: JoeSmoe69
  Ancient Warfare Museum - Cork Nerva 2 1,231 04-29-2008, 08:06 PM
Last Post: Nerva
  Ancient Warfare Museum opens it\'s doors to the public! Nerva 0 1,224 04-13-2008, 09:10 PM
Last Post: Nerva