Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The last film you watched....
Similar to the music thread but I'm watching tons at the moment as I've rejoined LoveFilm.

What is the last film you watched? Loved it? Loathed it?

Mine was Slither (2006)

Very, very gross film with humour. I liked it. Plus it had the Captain from Firefly/Serenity pretty much acting as he did then Big Grin Read the reviews afterwards to find most people hated it!
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
Do you mean properly at the cinema or at home?

The last one I watched at home was Exorcist: Dominion on DVD. Not bad, but I really have to stop watching Hollywood movies that feature 'archaeology'.

The last one at the cinema, I'll hvae to think back, it's been a while. I think it was The Golden Compass. Nice, but a bit meh.
Der Kessel ist voll Bärks!

Volker Bach
Quote: La Cité des Enfants Perdus
Yesterday evening on DVD, once again.
Still one of the best films I know. :-) )
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Quote:Do you mean properly at the cinema or at home?

Either one is fine Big Grin

I don't go to the cinema much. Think it was over £20 for three of us to watch Enchanted at Christmas, that didn't include any popcorn etc Confusedhock:
Kat x

Bank Job, with Jason Statham. Good movie...pretty violent...

Legion: TBD
Quote:Bank Job, with Jason Statham. Good movie...pretty violent...
Me too. Top caper flick.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
"De Brief voor de Koning": movie-adaptation of almost any Dutchman's favorite children's book. Nice movie.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Pulp Fiction was on TV the other night! an absolute classic!
On Video: Michael Clayton -- still, to my mind, the best film of last year (the Cohen Brothers not withstanding)

At the Cinema: WALL-E -- has the slick Pixar look we have come to expect from them but not as clever or engaging as many of their earlier films

Up Next: Dark Knight -- if we can find some empty seats... :?

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Quote:At the Cinema: WALL-E -- has the slick Pixar look we have come to expect from them but not as clever or engaging as many of their earlier films

I think it's out this weekend here. I'd like to see it although most reviews say the first half is better. I'm also a little wary because everyone bigged up Ratatouille and I was so, so disapointed when I watched it the other week. Finding Nemo and the Toy Stories are my faves. I mean my girl's faves.... :oops: Big Grin

I should have Blade Runner coming off my list next. They only had one version to choose from though.
Kat x

Last night finished watching Apocalypse Now on VHS. Last trip to the theater was Speed Racer--twice!! My daughter went as Trixie--the wife and I helped a lot with the costume. I was thinly (har har) disguised as Pops. My girl and I are BIG Speed Racer fans! (Not sure the wife will let me paint a red M on the hood of the minivan....)

Matthew
Matthew Amt (Quintus)
Legio XX, USA
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.larp.com/legioxx/">http://www.larp.com/legioxx/
Quote:
Narukami:25u48mst Wrote:At the Cinema: WALL-E -- has the slick Pixar look we have come to expect from them but not as clever or engaging as many of their earlier films

I think it's out this weekend here. I'd like to see it although most reviews say the first half is better. I'm also a little wary because everyone bigged up Ratatouille and I was so, so disappointed when I watched it the other week. Finding Nemo and the Toy Stories are my faves. I mean my girl's faves.... :oops: Big Grin

I should have Blade Runner coming off my list next. They only had one version to choose from though.

Yes, I wanted to be engaged by the story in WALL-E but it just did not grab me. However, based on what I have seen so far WALL-E is much better than either Space Chimps or Fly Me To The Moon. (Interesting how most of the feature animation this summer deals with outer space... :? )

Let us know your thoughts on Blade Runner -- most interested in your reactions. Smile

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
the football factory

i watched it in english for sure. i give it a 7 out of 10, was fun to watch.
MARCVS DECIVS / Matthias Wagner
"Los cronocrímenes" (the chronocrimes), of Nacho Vigalondo.
At least, after years since wining a Oscar to a short film, and spending another two years wining prizes in international festivals, we have been able to see it in his home country...
Sci-fi, set in a 2030´s which look as dull as 2000´s, but with a time machine and a new type of crime...and with less than a dozen characters. The history is the most important thing, nor the computer effects, nor the stars (almost none of both).
Quite interesting.
-This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how
sheep´s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
[Image: escudocopia.jpg]Iagoba Ferreira Benito, member of Cohors Prima Gallica
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.
Quote:the football factory
Probably the best depiction of how legionaries were, as a social unit, in the history of film :wink:
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!