Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The last film you watched....
Quote:Pulp Fiction was on TV the other night! an absolute classic!

Good choice!Only caught the end of it but still enjoyed it!Last one i saw was my daily viewing of Saving Private Ryan..just for the beginning and the end.Also im gearing up for The Dark Knight with a viewing of Batman Begins tonight!!Just to warm up!
Out of sight of subject shores, we kept even our eyes free from the defilement of tyranny. We, the most distant dwellers upon earth, the last of the free, have been shielded till today by our very remoteness and by the obscurity in which it has shrouded our name.
Calgacus The Swordsman, Mons Grapius 84 AD.

Name:Michael Hayes
Watched Zodiac last night but had the downside of pretty much knowing how it would end. I appreciate it was all based on actual events but it was rather long-winded.

Started to watch Blade Runner but was so exhausted from the weekend I fell asleep :oops:
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
Watched Mr Bean's Holiday, a few days ago.. Had a few beers, it was fun with some friends.. :lol:

Greetz,
Manuel Peters
Last film I watched was 'The band's visit', which I found very nice. Very good director and shots, but it's slow.

I also watched full first BBC series of 'Roman misteries' . Also very worth watching, in my opinion and of course a very interesting time period and area.
ALA I BATAVORUM
I watched 'Holiday on the Buses' the other day.

Classic bawdy totally un-PC old British humour at it's very best :lol: 8)
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
Finished watching Blade Runner this evening. Wasn't quite what I expected! I'll get shot down in flames but I didn't like it much. I think it might have dated badly perhaps for a first viewing over 25 years later. Wasn't overly sure about the unicorn thing. The version I watched had no narration over the top, would that have made a difference?
Kat x

No shots will be fired here for an honest response and reaction to the film.

In fact the first time I saw the film, after having read the book and being warned by a friend who read along with me that "THEY" would leave the best parts of book out of the film, I too was a bit nonplused about it. However, on subsequent viewings, I saw more and enjoyed it more and soon became a fan. Not to say it is a perfect film (there are indeed few of those) but I do like it.

Now Kat, when time permits and mood strikes, watch the original theatrical release with the narration. I have a feeling you might just like that version more.

Ridley Scott was dead set against the narration (or so he says) but I think if fits the genre (Film Noir) and that Ford's delivery is effective. Now I might get shot down for having said this but oh well... :?

When you do watch the film again please let us know your reaction to the narration.

Thanks Kat. :wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Quote:No shots will be fired here for an honest response and reaction to the film.

In fact the first time I saw the film, after having read the book and being warned by a friend who read along with me that "THEY" would leave the best parts of book out of the film, I too was a bit nonplused about it. However, on subsequent viewings, I saw more and enjoyed it more and soon became a fan. Not to say it is a perfect film (there are indeed few of those) but I do like it.

Now Kat, when time permits and mood strikes, watch the original theatrical release with the narration. I have a feeling you might just like that version more.

Ridley Scott was dead set against the narration (or so he says) but I think if fits the genre (Film Noir) and that Ford's delivery is effective. Now I might get shot down for having said this but oh well... :?

When you do watch the film again please let us know your reaction to the narration.

Thanks Kat. :wink:

Narukami

Phew, I can come out from hiding now! Will keep an eye out for that version.
Kat x

Rat-a-tat-tat-tat-tat-tat..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sucker!! Tongue

But really, I agree with Dave, the original narrated version had a certain atmosphere to it.....or maybe it is just nostalgia for my younger days that makes me think so......
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
In Bruges, an English movie, entirely filmed in - guess where. A very good one, funny also. RECOMMENDED (8.1/10 at the IMDB, and that's a lot).

It was interesting to note that the Englishmen in the cinema laughed about other things than the Dutch people.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Quote:
Decius:3abxthnp Wrote:the football factory
Probably the best depiction of how legionaries were, as a social unit, in the history of film :wink:

Big Grin
MARCVS DECIVS / Matthias Wagner
Kung Fu Panda. Entertaining, but not really special.
Jona Lendering
My website
In Bruges: We left scratching our heads and thinking we'd just watched something brilliant, and not all what we'd expected. Has a couple of the most shocking moments.

The Orphanage: Cracking ghost story.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Quote:In Bruges: We left scratching our heads and thinking we'd just watched something brilliant, and not all what we'd expected. Has a couple of the most shocking moments.
I found it a great movie; also very funny.
Jona Lendering
My website
Quote:also very funny.
Confusedhock: Yup, I can see there's a difference between Dutch and English humour..... :wink:

I honestly thought it was one of the best tragedies I've ever seen.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!