Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The last film you watched....
Quote:I find Brandon Fraser's movies tend to just be "fun" movies...which I don't mind.

True enough, though I would remember his work in the film Gods And Monsters -- not your average "fun" movie and some of the very best work by Fraser.

Ah, Dr. Strangelove -- what a film!

Ripper:

No, I mean when they tortured you, did you talk?

Mandrake:

Ah, oh no, I ah... I don't think they wanted me to talk, really. I don't think they wanted me to say anything. It was just their way of having... a bit of fun, the swines. Strange thing is they make such bloody good cameras.

And...

Latest Films Seen (at a theatre)

Dark Knight -- very dark and suffused with a feeling of hopelessness Not a film for kids

Hellboy II -- typical wise ass Hellboy Familiar story, some amazing images

Mummy III -- the tomb is empty but generally harmless hokum fun

X-Files -- Perhaps there is a deeper story here but I missed it Basically an extended Television episode

Busy week at the cinema.

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Dark Knight. I will go back; I was impressed, found it a good movie, but the plot was complex and I was a bit distracted by something that I had heard earlier today. That being said, it is the best movie from the Batman series.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Quote:Saw Screamers on Friday night. Was so-so.

Watched WALL-E on Saturday. It was so cute! First half was best though, I want a WALL-E to tidy the house Big Grin

And not a film but finally got to the end of Deadwood Cry It needs a fourth series, can't believe they stopped it there.

Yeah, I was almost in tears when they didn't. Would have loved to see Hearst get knifed in some outhouse, or hear more classic lines from Al Swearingen (did they choose that name on purpose?)

Saw Dark Knight last week. I liked all the acting but Heath Ledgers' above all. What a shame he died doing it.
---AH Mervla, aka Joel Boynton
Legio XIIII, Gemina Martia Victrix
Well,

I watched 'Stranger than Fiction' which was fabulous (and the only thing I actually like Farell in) and before that I watched When Trumpets Fade which wasn't as good as some have said (although the guy from Burn Notice is in it at the start)

Got half way through Behind Enemy Lines (the WWI psychiatrist film which has Wilfred Owen in it so I was expecting more poetry and music) Still intend to finish that.

Also had 'Fixed Bayonets' on the other night which I'd seen as a kid and loved just never knew that's what it was called.

Yes there is a war theme (I made an amazon list and foolishly hit 'confirm order' on 20 of the most recommended war films)

On VHS I recently watched 'Made in Heaven' smaltzy 80s romance which I love and won't hear a bad word about. And, continuing the incongruous romance theme, 'Truly Madly Deeply' is up next 'I have nothing in my right hand ..' Everyone should see it.

Those, and watching Monsters Inc, Bugs Life, Curse of the Were-Rabbit twice a day with my 2 year old.

Cheers

Murray
Murray K Dahm

\'\'\'\'No matter how many you kill, you cannot kill your successor\'\'\'\' - Seneca to Nero - Dio 62

\'\'\'\'There is no way of correcting wrongdoing in those who think that the height of virtue consists in the execution of their will\'\'\'\' - Ammianus Marcellinus 27.7.9
last night I watched
"Charlie Wilson's War" with Tom Hanks
Great movie! Great lines. Great characters. Great review of history and a great Zen story. See the movie to get to the Zen story.

They say that those that ignore history are condemned to repeat it. But if you really look at events, see how they interact and the consequences unfold, then even those that know history even very well don't stand much of a chance.
Jeffery Wyss
"Si vos es non secui of solutio tunc vos es secui of preciptate."
Quote:last night I watched
"Charlie Wilson's War" with Tom Hanks
Great movie! Great lines. Great characters. Great review of history and a great Zen story. See the movie to get to the Zen story.

They say that those that ignore history are condemned to repeat it. But if you really look at events, see how they interact and the consequences unfold, then even those that know history even very well don't stand much of a chance.
A great movie indeed.
Jona Lendering
My website
Charlie Wilson's War is fantastic!

AAAAAA++++++++

A must see!
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
I have not seen this, but it is in town. Will see it tomorrow.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10006312-mongol/

Maybe, just maybe, this will be good enough to get H-whoud's attention.

Ralph

EDIT: Already gone. I will catch up on the adventures of Genghis and His Mongrel Horde when it comes out on DVD
The entire HORNBLOWER series in two nights...... LOL

now i want to go to sea in a frigate!

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Quote:
Libitina:kkkg2st3 Wrote:Saw Screamers on Friday night. Was so-so.

Watched WALL-E on Saturday. It was so cute! First half was best though, I want a WALL-E to tidy the house Big Grin

And not a film but finally got to the end of Deadwood Cry It needs a fourth series, can't believe they stopped it there.

Yeah, I was almost in tears when they didn't. Would have loved to see Hearst get knifed in some outhouse, or hear more classic lines from Al Swearingen (did they choose that name on purpose?)

*sigh* totally agree. Loved Swearingen/Wu and Doc/Jewel scenes especially. Even warmed to Bullock in the third series and "got" his wooden psycho-ness.

Half watched a Blackbeard BBC film yesterday but wasn't paying enough attention to pass judgement. James Purefoy was playing him (Mark Antony in Rome) and seemed to do a good job. Must be hard to play a pirate without seeming cheesy, esp with the oo-ar accent!
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
Wall-E ! Quite amusing.
Jona Lendering
My website
Just watched [rec] the Spanish zombie film. Rather creepy! Confusedhock:

Now online to google unicorns and daisies and other lovely things.
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
Half watched a Blackbeard BBC film yesterday but wasn't paying enough attention to pass judgement. James Purefoy was playing him (Mark Antony in Rome) and seemed to do a good job. Must be hard to play a pirate without seeming cheesy, esp with the oo-ar accent!

hey i saw that recently as well!!Wasnt so bad,though i thought it was a series not a movie.Those pirate accents are a killer on the throat so well done Mr Purefroy!!!
Out of sight of subject shores, we kept even our eyes free from the defilement of tyranny. We, the most distant dwellers upon earth, the last of the free, have been shielded till today by our very remoteness and by the obscurity in which it has shrouded our name.
Calgacus The Swordsman, Mons Grapius 84 AD.

Name:Michael Hayes
Already some months ago I watched the German movie "Keinohrhasen" with Till Schweiger. Was a nice little entertaining movie with the quintessence "don't judge a book by its cover"
today i saw "the adventures of prince Achmed", the first animated movie in the world still around. Made by Lotte Reiniger in 1926.

see also this one:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventures_of_Prince_Achmed

very facinating! Germany made some really impressive movies back then!
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.