Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
term military historian
Can somebody help me to find an appropriate scientific definition of the term "military historian"? What does this word means?Are there any articles on this theme? My e-mail is [email protected]
Teg, it's a forum rule that you have to have your real name in your signature. No anonymity here :wink:

http://www.romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=4087
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
I don't know if it meets your criterion, Teg, but that would be a person who made a specialty of studying a segment or time period at least, of military history. There are dozens of sub specialties dealing with arms and armor, tactics, inter-culture encounters and wars, etc., etc., ad insanum.

Please note, Tarbicus is quite correct. It is a forum rule that you put your real name in your signature. You get to your signature by starting at "Profile" at the top of the page, then "profile" again in the next page, then "signature". You may put other things in there if you wish, as long as you follow the RAT posting rules (q.v.) about what you put there.

Thanks, and welcome to RAT!
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
If you research and study an area of military history you are a military historian. The sticky point is can you write that down as your occupation!
"History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again." Maya Angelou
Good answer, Jason.

The forum rule applies both to those asking, and those answering questions, though. Please add your real name to your signature. It's a forum rule, and was established for a good reason.

Thanks in advance!
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tube and Yoke Term Adventurous Artisan 11 3,614 10-31-2021, 07:48 AM
Last Post: Crispianus
  Polybius as a military historian teg 5 1,866 06-16-2008, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Aryaman2