Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show here your Germanic warrior impression
You look better with your celtic kit. Complete the grave 944 eqipement. :twisted: :mrgreen: :wink:

Serious: Great Stuff! Every of your 6(?) different Periods are on a high level! Go on!
@ Stephan & Renatus

Very nice and well made!
Only thing I wonder is the side the nodus (hairknot) is carried. On almost all contemporary depictions the nodus is on the right temple. (Have a look in: Krierer, Antike Germanenbilder (Wien 2004)).

So,with you both as a followers of Marobuduus and me from the coalition of Armin we will meet at least in 2017 somewhere in East Germany and fight for supremacy over the germanic tribes... Big Grin D D

Macht´s gut!

ghandi
Robert Brosch
www.chasuari.de">www.chasuari.de
Germanic warriors of 1st ct. AD

www.comitatus.eu">www.comitatus.eu
Network of germanic Reenactors of 1st ct. AD
are there any legions that have "Bear warriors/berserkers"
Dan DeLuca

ROMA VICTOR!

S.P.Q.R
Quote:are there any legions that have "Bear warriors/berserkers"
Of course not. The legions were for civilised men. :mrgreen:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:
marvises:29xshg8x Wrote:are there any legions that have "Bear warriors/berserkers"
well i didn't mean legions you know how there are reenacting groups that have barbarian tribes with them that is what i meant like any barbarian reenactment groups that have Berserkers/bear warriors
Dan DeLuca

ROMA VICTOR!

S.P.Q.R
Quote:
marvises:2pianct3 Wrote:are there any legions that have "Bear warriors/berserkers"

...with barbaric military habits! :roll:
(according to Trajan´s and Marcus´ coloumns, ancient reports on roman war cruelty and researches by military historian John Keegan).

cheers Big Grin

ghandi
Robert Brosch
www.chasuari.de">www.chasuari.de
Germanic warriors of 1st ct. AD

www.comitatus.eu">www.comitatus.eu
Network of germanic Reenactors of 1st ct. AD
Are there any good sources on Germanic warrios?

I am interested in them seeing as they are my ancestors :mrgreen: .

Was able to find this: http://books.google.nl/books?id=9bIdOjv ... 1#PPA15,M1
"Go and tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here obedient to their laws we lie." -Thermopylae

Peter
Quote: reenactment groups that have Berserkers/bear warriors
Most of the reenactors I know are way too afraid of bears to fight against them... :roll: :lol: I've seen a few get pretty berserk, though, mostly after swallowing large quantities of that barbarian grain beverage. But going to war against bears? Naaah.
(don't kill me)
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
A bit oustide the Roman period but still with much Roman influence, I have finally, with Dave Roper's help, managed to assemble almost all the personal finds from Sutton Hoo together. The shoulder clasps have been a challenge but I have made a garment that can accommodate them. I have used a breast and backplate made from 10 layers of linen, which I have then painted and waxed. There were quite a few textile and leather remains within the tomb - no direct eveidenc for what the clasps were mounted on. However, apart from being a bit warm, the garment does work very well - it can also be worn without armour underneath.

Paul
Paul Mortimer
You ARE Redwald!
Andreas Riegel
I noticed one thing in this video at 8:38:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c81Oc0-j ... r_embedded

The Germanic warrior hold the javelins vertical, which means that it didn't had an horizontal handle, would be impossible to otherwise hold the javelins and the shield! And this while it is oval in shape. I've always heard that Germanic shield handles would be horizontal like Roman shields but I'm not so sure of that, Vikings are ther descendents and they had a vertical handle as well, true they used round shield but still. Confusedhock:
"Go and tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here obedient to their laws we lie." -Thermopylae

Peter
Hi Paulo Redwald, you do look amazing!! Confusedhock: :o
Folkert van Wijk
Celtic Auxilia, Legio II Augusta.
With a wide interrest for everything Celtic BC
Looks great! I like the cocky expression the mask has....excellent!!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Check here for a bearskin wearing Svear warrior, (myself) again like Paul says outside of the Roman period, but to some displaying Romanic influence
http://www.myspace.com/ulfhednarengland

I'd have posted just the one image, but got to yet get a handle on posting images on this forum.. :?

best
Ingvar

Dave Huggins
UE
Ingvar Sigurdson
Dave Huggins
Wulfheodenas
All wicked impressions! Surprised the Vikings didn't just row back to Norway!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Show here your Sarmatian warrior impression Alanus 108 124,904 07-03-2020, 07:40 AM
Last Post: Sooqa
  Show here your Celtic warrior impression Chuck Russell 204 181,480 12-01-2017, 10:00 AM
Last Post: ancientbattles
  Show here your Thracian warrior impression Dain II. 22 32,341 05-28-2012, 04:23 PM
Last Post: AMELIANVS