Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
\'Lympics... 2008.. ..which sport should go?
Quote:Personally I think any olympic event that requires the use of judges should be tossed. Too political...

That would include any sport with a referee? I would call a referee a judge...so out goes soccer, boxing, judo, kich boxing, karate, and a whole host of other sports.

Then there is BMX bike riding Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock: :lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Well, for the combat sports, just remove the referee, and the problem is solved. The winner will be obvious.

:lol: :evil: :wink:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Yep, Dave just solved it!

Legion: TBD
Quote:Well, for the combat sports, just remove the referee

Well a Cuban Athlete had a good go but he was disqualified for life for his effort!!! Confusedhock:

Quote:Hmmm a chinese boxer just beat one of our boys into silver in the mens 81kg boxing.Not happy at all!!!

As for winning medals??home advantage will do that for you.The aforementioned chinese boxer was awarded a point for shadowboxing for gods sake,not to mention half his hits were not even clean!!Meanwhile our guy wasnt awarded anything for a series of clean body punches. .Hmmm

Must have been the same ref from the ladies Taikwando (or whatever) in a match between Britain and China. However their result was overturned after a protest from the British team and scrutiny of the video footage.

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
Quote:The opening ceremony was really fantastic, I watched a fair amount of it. The firework sprinkles forming the Olympic rings then lifting off the floor was beautiful.

The whole way through I couldn't help but wonder what on earth our opening ceremony will be like! Morris dancing en masse? Yorkshire pudding juggling? Elton John singing? :?

DId you see them in person or are you talking about the pre-recorded digitally enhanced ones you watched on tv?
Timothy Hanna