Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
\'Lympics... 2008.. ..which sport should go?
I get sick and tired of Coster going on about how many medals who has won. It almost seems that collecting medals is a sport of its own(to some any way)
Just finished watching the archery on www.nbcolympics.com .
Live feed ,no stupid commercials and no half wit commentators :twisted:
Jon R.
There are no real truths, just stories. (Zuni)
The opening ceremony was really fantastic, I watched a fair amount of it. The firework sprinkles forming the Olympic rings then lifting off the floor was beautiful.

The whole way through I couldn't help but wonder what on earth our opening ceremony will be like! Morris dancing en masse? Yorkshire pudding juggling? Elton John singing? :?
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
Quote:The opening ceremony was really fantastic, I watched a fair amount of it. The firework sprinkles forming the Olympic rings then lifting off the floor was beautiful.

The whole way through I couldn't help but wonder what on earth our opening ceremony will be like! Morris dancing en masse? Yorkshire pudding juggling? Elton John singing? :?

I think we should have Yorkshire Morris dancers juggling Elton John's wig collection en masse Big Grin
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
Quote:
Libitina:rurwfv94 Wrote:The opening ceremony was really fantastic, I watched a fair amount of it. The firework sprinkles forming the Olympic rings then lifting off the floor was beautiful.

I think we should have Yorkshire Morris dancers juggling Elton John's wig collection en masse Big Grin

Sorted, let's email the organisers :lol:
Kat x

Synchronized swimming, out!
That strange form of gymnastic dance that uses 10 meter ribbons, out!
Sharp steel short sword combat, in! (no questions about the winner on that one, eh?) ok, just kidding about that third one.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Beach volleyball is like CAVORTING NINNIES

Got a chance to watch Archery, Judo, Greco-Roman wrestling ( I wrestled 112 and 118!), Foil, Sabre, Trap shooting all on the KOREAN language channel because En Bee See nothing other than basketball and boxing still has their collective fingers in their ....

Caught some equestrian cross country coursing.. now that's horse racing.. thouhg I think they ought to run the horse in heats instead of one at a time.

Phelps is a genetic aberration and is yet more PROOF that if we can breed athletes we might as well use drugs too.

Women's soccer has been fun. Wife likes it. Synchro diving.. ONLY 2 divers at a time? How about a trampoline halfway down? .. and bungy cords.

SERIOUSLY... I think that a set of historic/traditional Olympic sports ought to be selected and that the athletes and teams that compete in them ought to receive THE prize... and that those athletes can only represent CITIES..not nations.

Sean / Hib
Hibernicus

LEGIO IX HISPANA, USA

You cannot dig ditches in a toga!

[url:194jujcw]http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org[/url]
A nationwide club with chapters across N America
Quote: and that those athletes can only represent CITIES..not nations.

Sean / Hib

You'd need to set aside a whole weekend for the opening ceremony, takes long enough as it is for all the countries to come in, let alone cities :wink:

Love the syncronised diving ideas. I quite fancy "speed golf" myself after being made to watch hours.. and hours.. and hours of the USPGA.
Kat x

Jeezzz, ... so far I've seen absolutely nothing of Olympics except the opening ceremony and I don't even miss it, to be honest ... and if it wasnt for this thread I wouldnt even know they have so strange things like, err synchro swimming, beach ball as disciplines :? roll: ... what the heck is olympic about this?! :twisted: whats next? synchrone posting on the net ... LOL
[size=85:2j3qgc52]- Carsten -[/size]
What about thumb wrestling?
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
For the London 2012 Olympics opening ceremony, how about 10,000 syncronised John Cleese lookalikes doing the Ministry of Silly Walks around the stadium.....
[Image: amd_johncleese_2.jpg]
[Image: wip2_r1_c1-1-1.jpg] [Image: Comitatuslogo3.jpg]

aka Paul B, moderator
http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm
Moderation in all things
M. Pythonesque, to be sure. Could they play the theme song to Monty Python on kazoos as they walked? I think that would be in, then. 4 part harmony, please.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
wow, thats olympic!! synchronized acting on RAT ... I was just looking on youtube for something of Monty Python :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hilarious Monty Python Olympics

Monty Python's Flying Circus 1: Hide And Seek Olympic Finals
[size=85:2j3qgc52]- Carsten -[/size]
Quote:What about thumb wrestling?

1, 2, 3, 4, I declare a thumb war. Ah the memories.

Quote:For the London 2012 Olympics opening ceremony, how about 10,000 syncronised John Cleese lookalikes doing the Ministry of Silly Walks around the stadium.....

:lol:
Kat x

This post has been removed by the author. I do not see a point to being on a forum where moderators such as Matt Lanteigne aka Magnus can practice harassment and hypocritical behavior. RAT seems to have slipped into a place where people of this ilk can do or say whatever they want AND since he's a moderator, I guess it's all okay w/ the forum owners. Good luck, but I am done here.
DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS
a.k.a.: Marsh Wise
Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

"A fondness for power is implanted in most men, and it is natural to abuse it when acquired." -- Alexander Hamilton

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.... But then I repeat myself." ~Mark Twain

[img size=150]http://www.romanobritain.org/Graphics/marsh_qr1.png[/img]
(Oooh, Marshall, you cannot use an icky modern QR code, it is against all policies and rules.)
I rather enjoy watching the swimming for some reason!!!Personally though i HATE basketball,so without a doubt if i had my way it would be bye bye Kobe(thats his name right???)
Out of sight of subject shores, we kept even our eyes free from the defilement of tyranny. We, the most distant dwellers upon earth, the last of the free, have been shielded till today by our very remoteness and by the obscurity in which it has shrouded our name.
Calgacus The Swordsman, Mons Grapius 84 AD.

Name:Michael Hayes