Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ancient beer
Here is an article on "Midas Beer", which is -if I understand it correctly- made by using ancient Egyptian receipes. I never knew Midas was an Egyptian.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Hey, when everything you touch turns to gold, you can be anything you want, right?
:lol:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Didn't you know Turkey was the center of the Egyptian Empire? :roll: :lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Didn't you know Turkey was the center of the Egyptian Empire? :roll: :lol:
Actually, Herodotus even tells us that pharaoh Sesostris reached Turkey. We're obviously on to something important. :wink:
Jona Lendering
My website
No. Pahraoh Sesostris is not important. Beer is important.
Pecunia non olet
Quote:No. Pahraoh Sesostris is not important. Beer is important.

This man is a genius!
-Amalric
(Steven Bulman)

Member of Legio V Alaudae
:lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Seriously, where is this available for sale?
Juan Santell, no Roman name yet. Picking a name is very important and something that should not be done hastily or without much thought.
Quote:Seriously, where is this available for sale?

[url:396ll7tk]http://www.dogfish.com/brewings/Year_Round_Beers/Midas_Touch_Golden_Elixir/1/index.htm[/url]
"Medicus" Matt Bunker

[size=150:1m4mc8o1]WURSTWASSER![/size]
Quote:
Gaius Julius Caesar:36uq7q9l Wrote:Didn't you know Turkey was the center of the Egyptian Empire? :roll: :lol:
Actually, Herodotus even tells us that pharaoh Sesostris reached Turkey. We're obviously on to something important. :wink:

Actually, that would be a good marketing theme.....The beer of the Gods...and Pharoes! :lol:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
9% volume beer... WHoah! 8)
Hi Adrian,
Somehow, the combination of beer + Peroni strikes me as remarkable.
Jona Lendering
My website