Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ROMALAND
www.romaland.it/

Without words. Smile
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Leisure and Show Park

Inside the park, you'll find:

* a picnic area;
* a stage, in which shows will be performed by a team of organizers who will perform Roman dance shows with girls wearing bikinis and Greek-Roman fight between gladiators.

Well, I'm going!!!!

Legion: TBD
wtf.

Magnus, let me know when you'll be there, and we'll have a drink in the Domus. Smile LOL
ALA I BATAVORUM
Yes WTF :?:
"The Kaiser knows the Munsters,
by the Shamrock on their caps,
And the famous Bengal Tiger, ever ready for a scrap,
And all his big battalions, Prussian Guards and grenadiers,
Fear to face the flashing bayonets of the Munster Fusiliers."

Go Bua
That's next to the famous villa???????? Confusedhock:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
The incredible thing is that the new vice mayor of Rome Mr. Cutrufo has just proposed to build "RomaLand" (the same name of the Piazza Armerina tomfoolery) at Fiano Romano (North of the Urbs) calling it a sort of "roman Disneyland"... You think it's enough, no. It will have a cost of 600 millions Euro! I'm beginning to be discouraged about the destiny of the roman reenactment in Italy, too many bad hits so far, too many clowns. If they will really make Romaland, then they will make just a big fake roman world happening, the kiss of death to everything of good was done here about the a serious roman identity. Just to please the powerful big contractors. Horror.

P.S. I hope to be wrong.

Valete,
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

... Tu modo nascenti puero, quo ferrea primum
desinet ac toto surget Gens Aurea mundo,
casta faue Lucina; tuus iam regnat Apollo ...

Vergilius, Bucolicae, ecloga IV, 4-10
[Image: PRIMANI_ban2.gif]
Confusedhock:

Other members may know more about this story (even some first hand knowledge) -- Several years ago the Walt Disney Corporation wanted to create an American History Park located next to one of our Civil War battlefield parks. As I remember it they wanted to take over the operation of the actual park and then add in US History themed attractions, displays, etc. Historians, preservationists, and citizens raised such a howl about corporations "teaching" US History that it put an end to the idea -- for the time being.

The various Disney parks crate an unbelievable amount of cash and Disney is always looking for new ways to spend it. (They are going to spend $1.3 Billion upgrading the California Adventure Park in Anaheim.)

Perhaps they will consider investing in Romeland. :?

This all looks too much like that old film "Westworld." Remember they had a Roman World as part of their theme park?

The gods look down and laugh...if they bother to look down at all.

:roll: :x cry: Confusedhock:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
There's always room for a Rome-themed brothel.
Pecunia non olet