Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alava Armoury Museum reopening
Saturday 11th, from 11:30 in Vitoria-Gasteiz, Vasque Country, Spain. More info (sorry, only in Spanish) here
and photos here

[Image: diptico-museo-armeria3.jpg]

For kids, there will be handicrafts, making their own shields, teaching the basics of heraldry, and with a sword, let them "fight" Big Grin

For older people, 8 "impressions" dating from a IV century (late Roman) legionary (courtesy of Cohors Prima Gallica) to a XIX century fencing master, with a lot of medieval soldiery between, plus more (I will have to speak a lot, it seems), and of course, there are the real exhibits of the museum.

To end, a show of medieval longsword fight and explanation (that´s my part, too) :roll:

I know that the "roman" pieces of this museum are quite...few and funny :roll: , so I posted this here.

Somehow, a year ago I asked something about the Japanese armours to the Directress, and a year later, after a time closed for accesibility improving, I´m organizing the re-opening event.8)

It´s quite unlykely that anyone from RAT we´ll be near enough to attend, buut... :roll: maybe someone finds this interesting.

BTW, my first time organizing an event, and with just aged 22 (plus a week!) Confusedhock:
-This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how
sheep´s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
[Image: escudocopia.jpg]Iagoba Ferreira Benito, member of Cohors Prima Gallica
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.
Wow, that looks awesome!

Legion: TBD
The event in the newspaper:

[url:3gycojjx]http://www.noticiasdealava.com/ediciones/2008/10/12/sociedad/alava/d12ala13.1044677.php[/url]

And the photo, biggest and in colour, of that just moment of me going to be thrown to the floor, courtesy of the photographer, Alex Larretxi:
[Image: IMG_9472.jpg]
Oskar, fellow comilitione from Cohors Prima Gallica, also was there (extreme right in the foto). Children´s faces are priceless Big Grin twisted:

Impressions group photo, in the nearby Beuty Arts museum´s Garden. The halberd it´s NOT a replica...

[Image: IMG_0176.jpg]

All went enough perfect (for my first event :roll: ) and we make a good impression on people, kids, and museum and political staff. They asked us to do something in Christmas! Big Grin
-This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how
sheep´s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
[Image: escudocopia.jpg]Iagoba Ferreira Benito, member of Cohors Prima Gallica
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.
Congratulations!

Smile

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Univ of Penn reopening the Etruscan-Roman wing March 16 richsc 0 1,002 03-06-2003, 04:44 PM
Last Post: richsc